Pro Glycine Powder offers the amino acid glycine in a pure powder form for flexible dosing and convenience.
Glycine is a conditionally essential amino acid that supports many roles, including structural protein synthesis, detoxification pathways, neurotransmitter function, brain health, sleep support, and healthy blood sugar levels.
The need for supplemental glycine may be even greater during times of acute emotional or physiological stress, and among individuals recovering from physical trauma.†
Glycine Powder contains the amino acid glycine in a pure powder form for flexible dosing and convenience.
Glycine is a conditionally essential amino acid used for structural protein synthesis, detoxification pathways, neurotransmitter function, brain health, sleep support, and healthy blood sugar levels.
Glycine powder mixes well in water or any other beverage, and may be beneficial in supporting normal muscle tissue repair post-workout. †
- A primary constituent of collagen †
- Supports synthesis of glutathione, the body’s primary antioxidant †
- Supports liver health †
- Plays a key role in detoxification †
|Amount||% Daily Value|
*Daily Value not established
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, gluten, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
As a dietary supplement take 3 grams (approx. 1/2 teaspoon) with water or any other beverage per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
|Glycine powder mixes well in water or any other beverage.||Requires multiple capsules to get the same benefits.|
|A conditionally essential amino acid.|
Glycine is an amino acid, or a building block for protein. The body can synthesize some glycine. Protein-rich foods such as meat, eggs, and seafood also provide some glycine.
Even so, sometimes the body is not able to optimally synthesize this amino acid. As a result, levels fall far short of meeting the many demands for this amino acid in healthy adults.
- Glycine supplementation may support protein synthesis, tissue repair, and wound healing.
- Glycine availability is a determining factor in synthesis of the antioxidant glutathione (GSH) in burn patients and children recovering from malnutrition. Supplemental glycine improves liver GSH concentrations in protein-deficient rats.
- In elderly people, glycine supplementation restored glutathione levels to those of younger people (who did not supplement).
- Glycine plays a role in phase II detoxification.
- Glycine may be especially supportive of liver health after alcohol-induced damage and other forms of liver injury.
- Glycine is a well-known inhibitory neurotransmitter often included in combination products to combat stress and anxiety.
- Glycine may be helpful for improving sleep quality, which can also benefit a healthy mood and response to stress. One study gave 3 grams of glycine one hour before bed to people with sleep difficulties. Compared to placebo, glycine supplementation improved difficulty in getting to sleep, the time it took to fall asleep, and overall sleep efficacy.
- Glycine can improve sleep quality as well as “liveliness and peppiness,” and “clear-headedness” upon awakening.
- Glycine can support healthy blood sugar levels.
- Glycine is a primary constituent of collagen. Glycine makes up over one-third of the total amino acids in this key structural component of blood vessels, skin, bones, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and other connective tissue.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
Why do you offer glycine as a powder instead of in capsule form?
Many benefits of glycine come from taking higher doses that would require swallowing multiple capsules. A powder form of glycine is more economical and delivers effective amounts of this amino acid in a convenient form that mixes well in most liquids.
What is a free-form amino acid?
Pro Glycine Powder comes as a free-form amino acid. That means the glycine is in a form that the body can easily utilize.
Is Pro Glycine Powder flavored?
No. Pro Glycine Powder is unflavored and can be conveniently mixed into your favorite protein shake, smoothie, or other beverage of choice.
Why is Pro Glycine Powder ideal around a workout?
Glycine powder can be used post-workout for recovery and glycogen resynthesis, especially for those following a low-carb diet and who prefer to avoid post-workout carbohydrates.