In the diet, carnitine is found most abundantly in animal protein. Once consumed, some is stored in skeletal and cardiac muscles while some circulates in the blood plasma. While circulating, carnitine helps to break down fat into usable energy while fighting free radicals and the inflammation they cause. Illness, thyroid imbalance, and a lacking diet can reduce carnitine stores and availability in the body.
Vegetarians are often lacking in carnitine, making a vegan-compatible supplement vital for this population. Increased stress on the body, cardiac stress, and other conditions can deplete carnitine levels as well. Supplementation alters the circulating levels of carnitine as the body quickly utilizes what is consumed. Choosing a pure source of absorbable carnitine helps to ensure maximum benefits to the body.
L-carnitine helps the body produce energy that is essential for heart and brain function, memory, mood, and muscle movement. Our supplement helps make your workouts more effective by reducing muscle damage during and after intense exercises — improving muscle repair and reducing soreness.† This formula also helps improve the body’s endurance by inhibiting the buildup of lactic acid, one of the primary causes of fatigue.†
|Amount||% Daily Value|
|L-Carnitine (as N-acetyl L-carnitine hydrochloride)||250 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Hypromellose (capsule), cellulose, and silicon dioxide.
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 capsule with each meal or as directed by your qualified healthcare practitioner.
|Our formula supplies pure, natural L-carnitine in capsule form that is readily absorbed across the intestinal mucosa and into the bloodstream.||Many carnitine supplements use acetyl L-carnitine, which is a version of carnitine that may not be absorbed as readily or circulated throughout the body as effectively as L-carnitine.|
|Our supplements are free of GMO ingredients, gluten, and other additives; ensuring the highest quality supplements, free of contamination.||Several supplement manufacturers have come under fire for concerns of purity and quality. Without solid brand value and quality control, supplements can be ineffective or worse.|
|Our formula contains the dosage that would be supplied in an average, balanced diet including high quality animal proteins; enough to replenish the body from stresses or diet deficiency without weighing it down with an unnatural dose.||L-carnitine supplements frequently contain at least twice the dosage we have chosen, well over the amount the body would naturally expect.|
|L-carnitine is the bioactive form of carnitine, an antioxidant substance that helps the body to convert fat into usable energy.|
While L-carnitine is often recognized as a weight loss or muscle-building aid, its effects are not as directly connected to these benefits as marketing materials might suggest. Carnitine is an amino acid derivative found predominantly in animal protein and intestinal bacteria utilizes carnitine to metabolize fat into energy. When it’s not circulating in the bloodstream, carnitine is stored in skeletal and cardiac muscles.
After strenuous exercise, the body starts using fat stores for energy and carnitine makes that possible. In theory, carnitine would help the body to use fat stores earlier, resulting in weight loss. Direct changes in weight loss have not been substantiated, but its antioxidant and metabolism benefits may assist in body composition changes for someone who is already eating well and exercising.
The heart, on the other hand, uses fat for energy much more frequently, which means it requires carnitine more frequently. For this reason, L-carnitine - the bioavailable form of carnitine supplementation - is often paired with treatment and recovery from heart conditions.
Aside from energy use, other variables can lead to decreased carnitine levels and warrant supplementation, as well. Vegetarians tend to have low carnitine levels, not only because they avoid animal protein in their diets but also the bacteria to process it. In order to replenish circulating carnitine levels, supplementation may be beneficial. Thyroid imbalance - in excess or deficit - has also been connected with depleted carnitine levels.
- Because carnitine is a component of fat metabolism, it may be beneficial when consuming a high fat diet. Metabolic disorders are often induced by high fat intake. Pairing high fat meals and diets with L-carnitine supplementation may mitigate these risks and help the body to react more efficiently to the fat intake.
- Antioxidants repair cell damage and fight free radicals in the body. Because fat cells carry toxins and damaging effects with it, obesity is more complex than body composition or a number on a scale. The antioxidant effects of L-carnitine can be a beneficial ally when battling obesity.
- While L-carnitine will not necessarily reduce body weight as a standalone weight loss effort, it does help to metabolize fat. This effect could help to prevent the accumulation of body fat and make energy expenditure more efficient. Antioxidant effects may extend throughout the body and into cardiac health, as well. All stress takes a toll on the body, and cardiovascular health is no exception. By helping to mitigate the effects of oxidative stress, L-carnitine may be protective when cardiac health is a concern.
- Thyroid imbalance, particularly hyperthyroidism, can deplete levels of carnitine stored in the muscles and circulating in the body. Supplementation can help to restore carnitine levels when thyroid levels are outside of the range of normal.
- Metabolism is the body’s way of converting food into energy. Without effective metabolism, energy levels will be unstable. Carnitine may be one of the nutraceutical supplements that can contribute to balanced energy levels and the alleviation of chronic fatigue.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
What does the “L” mean?
Carnitine is made in the body when it breaks down substances in animal protein. When making it in supplement form, L-carnitine is the bioaccessible form that matches what is stored and circulated in the body.
Will this give me a boost of energy?
Energy is often thought of as the jolt of alertness that follows caffeine, exercise, or adrenaline. But when it comes to the body, energy is used for everyday tasks. Each body is different and will feel different after supplementation, but L-carnitine is meant to support the body’s production of steady energy rather than the burst of alertness that other substances provide.
Can I get L-carnitine in my diet?
Yes, the consumption of animal proteins can provide carnitine and help the body to store and utilize it. Conditions that deplete carnitine levels or diets that exclude animal protein can inhibit the body’s access to this nutrient.
How do I know if I’m getting enough L-carnitine?
If you are not consuming animal protein, you are not likely getting a significant amount of carnitine in your diet. Even if you do consume animal protein, thyroid imbalance, strenuous exercise, and cardiovascular disease can all deplete what carnitine your body does consume and store. If any of these circumstances apply to you, or if you are a vegan or vegetarian, you may have low carnitine levels.
Can this replace other heart-health medications or supplements?
Heart disease is a serious condition that requires close supervision and direction from a qualified physician. Do not take any supplements or stop any medications for heart disease without first consulting with your doctor.
Will this make my workouts more effective?
L-carnitine has been marketed as a body-building or weight loss supplement, but it is more complex than a standalone tool in an effort to change body composition. However, L-carnitine can help the body to produce and utilize energy more efficiently, and as an antioxidant it can help to attenuate the stress of strenuous exercise.
Will this make me lose weight?
Weight loss has not been observed as a direct result of L-carnitine supplementation alone, but it can be a partner in concerted efforts to consume a healthy diet and exercise regularly with the goal of changing body composition and fighting obesity.
If thyroid imbalance can deplete carnitine, can carnitine balance my thyroid?
L-carnitine is not a thyroid supplement in any sense of the word. Taking L-carnitine when a thyroid condition is present would serve to replenish the stores of carnitine that thyroid conditions may deplete.
What is an antioxidant?
Antioxidants fight oxidation - the action of that can be toxic to the body by creating damage on a cellular level. They are valuable nutrients for detoxification and cell renewal in all body systems.
Does this supplement let me eat whatever I want?
All nutraceuticals are intended to supplement the efforts of a healthy diet and lifestyle. While L-carnitine can help the body to utilize fat more effectively, attention to food quality is always recommended and beneficial.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $49 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. Any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them for orders placed on a non-holiday business day before noon EST. Orders placed after noon EST, may ship the following business day if the product is in stock.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.