Glutamine is the most plentiful amino acid in the body, but it is also readily depleted when the body is under great stress. Even physical activity, when undertaken in great amounts, can result in decreased amounts of glutamine. By supplementing the glutamine supply, inflammation and other negative effects of low-glutamine levels can be mitigated.
The body’s mechanism for maintaining constant levels of acid/alkaline balance and detoxification requires stable glutamine levels. Two grams in a serving has been shown to regain balance in the body. The serving size is four grams, just a teaspoon, making dosage both feasible and efficient. While some glutamine manufacturing techniques can result in a contaminated product, our formula contains only pure L-glutamine, without additives or contaminants.
Support your gastrointestinal system with L-glutamine, an amino acid that’s a building block of protein. L-glutamine powder is helpful in losing weight, burning fat, and building muscle. Our Pro L-Glutamine Formula also improves your overall health — because this amino acid is the major fuel source for proper intestine function, it’s especially helpful in treating a range of digestive issues.†
This nutraceutical supports the nutritional focus of the 5 Essentials®.
|Amount||% Daily Value|
*Daily Value not established
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish, gluten, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication, or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
As a dietary supplement, take 3 grams (approx. ¾ teaspoon) per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
|Contains 3g per powdered serving, giving you optimal amounts without an excessive amount of pills to manage.||Many competitors have just 500mg doses, contained in capsules or tablets.|
|Pure L-glutamine, free of needless ingredients, additives, and contaminants.||L-glutamine production can be contaminated if not carefully monitored, and an unreliable source might include unwanted additives and fillers.|
|Easily dissolved in a glass of water or other beverage.||Lower dosage capsules would need to be taken in double or even quadruple amounts to reach 4 grams, and capsules may not be as accessible to the body.|
|L-Glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid, the most abundant of the body’s building blocks for proteins. Our L-Glutamine supplement comes in powdered form for rapid bioavailability.|
Of the twenty amino acids required by the body, glutamine is the most prevalent, found in around 35% of amino acid nitrogen in the bloodstream and 60% of skeletal muscle tissue. Glutamine is manufactured in the body by muscles and the lungs and can also be obtained through the diet. Glutamine is used in large amounts in the body, therefore it is necessary to acquire glutamine from exogenous and endogenous sources. One of glutamine’s primary purposes is to remove excess ammonia from the body, helping to balance pH levels.
Because the body can synthesize glutamine, the diet is often sufficient to supply the amount needed. However, a number of circumstances can deplete glutamine levels and require more than what the body can make or intake from food. Periods of high stress – mental or induced by diet – illness, inflammation, and injury are all indications for glutamine supplementation. By supplying the body with extra glutamine, we can assist the balancing, detoxifying, and healing effects it has on the body.
- Long term damage from detrimental bacteria and inflammation can progress to the point of ulcers, leaky gut and even cancer. Supplementing with glutamine can protect against this type of damage.
- Glutamine is known as an immunomodulator, a substance that helps to regulate the immune system, making it beneficial for wound healing and critical illness. Because immune response is connected with inflammation, glutamine is also poised to assist in healing and protecting the gut barrier from inflammatory diseases.
- Irritable Bowel Disease and Crohn’s disease are both connected to inflammation, gut lining, and mucosal health. Glutamine may play a role in healing the inflamed lining of the gut.
- As an integral part of cellular health, glutamine is considered a conditionally essential amino acid. The more scientists learn about its role in immune function, however, the more conditions arise that indicate glutamine necessity. Its immunologic benefits make supplementation wise in times of illness, injury, and inflammation - which, given Western diets and lifestyles, can make it applicable for many different circumstances.
- Glutamine is considered valuable in cases of critical illness and wounds. An example of this is the protective effects it has against the sores and damage caused by cancer treatments. Anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effects make glutamine a valuable healing and protective supplement.
- The stress that prolonged, strenuous exercise exerts on the body depletes the muscular stores of glutamine. This could be connected with the lowered immune function that many endurance athletes face. By replenishing stores of glutamine, immune function can be improved.
- Certain biomarkers are indicators that a condition exists or is imminent. A biomarker for obesity is found in the intestinal flora, and when weight loss occurs, this flora changes. Glutamine supplementation can change this flora to match that of individuals who have lost weight, indicating glutamine as a gut-balancing partner in weight loss efforts.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
What does the “L” indicate in “L-Glutamine”?
Many amino acid supplements include a prefix of L, D, or DL. This is simply an indicator of molecular structure. Glutamine is the same basic substance no matter the prefix, but we use L-glutamine for supplementation because it is in the structure most valuable to the body.
Is this the same as MSG (monosodium glutamate)?
No. Monosodium glutamate, or MSG, is an amino acid and additive often considered to be harmful. Some individuals are sensitive to MSG and may be concerned that our L-glutamine formula could cause symptoms. Glutamine and MSG are not the same substance, and L-glutamine should not create symptoms of an MSG sensitivity. However, both substances create glutamate in the body, so a glutamate sensitivity could be triggered.
Does this supplement contain gluten?
No. Gluten is a protein found in wheat that can damage the lining of the gut for individuals who are sensitive, have Celiac disease, or cannot otherwise tolerate it. L-glutamine is not the same substance and, on the contrary, can actually act to reverse the damage that inflammation from wheat sensitivity causes.
What is the best liquid to take this in?
This supplement can be stirred into any glass of cool water or juice. Make sure that the liquid is not hot. High temperatures can damage the amino acid and render it ineffective.
Is there an unpleasant taste?
Pure L-glutamine should not have a strong taste, but each individual has their own preferences and opinions. Choosing juice instead of water or using a larger glass for more dilution can help if the taste is not favorable.
Is there anything else in this supplement?
No. While some L-glutamine supplements have added ingredients - whether preservatives, contaminants, or additional nutritive substances - we provide pure L-glutamine alone. This ensures the highest quality L-glutamine delivered in the most bioavailable manner.
Why is this a powder instead of a capsule?
When encapsulated, L-glutamine is typically only available in smaller doses. By delivering it in powdered form, we are able to reach more effective doses without requiring a handful of pills multiple times each day. Additionally, powdered supplements do not have to be broken down by the body the way that capsules do, so it is more readily accessible.
Are there any side effects when taking glutamine?
There are no side effects reported for use of L-glutamine. If you do have a sensitivity to glutamate, you could also be sensitive to L-glutamine, since the body will convert some of it to glutamate. As always, if you have concerns about side effects, drug interactions, or sensitivities, consult with your physician before taking L-glutamine.
Can I get glutamine in my diet?
Yes. As an amino acid, glutamine is found in protein such as beef, chicken, fish, and dairy. It is also found in wheat, legumes, spinach, and cabbage; however, plant sources of L-glutamine may not be as useful to the body as animal protein. Additionally, as with all nutrients, the quality of the source should be considered, to ensure that the nutrient level is as high as possible and that we are not adding toxins to the body.
Can this replace glutamine in my diet?
Nutraceuticals are intended to supplement a healthy diet. The first and best step you can take toward health is to make good dietary choices. If high quality sources are not available, if a sensitivity precludes consuming these foods, or if your body is using an excess of glutamine, supplementation may be warranted.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $49 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or email@example.com for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. Any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them for orders placed on a non-holiday business day before noon EST. Orders placed after noon EST, may ship the following business day if the product is in stock.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.
This has helped me in the process of healing my gut. My chiropractor recommended it as one of the things I needed to heal the inside and it has been great.