Supplementation of omega-3 fatty acids is clearly necessary for most individuals in the US. However, the growing demand for natural health products has led to an increase in the number of poorly manufactured supplements available in the marketplace. Upon inspection, a Purdue University study discovered that nearly 70% of a wide range of omega-3 supplements did not include the labeled amounts of EPA and DHA.
Even when supplements contain their stated ingredients, oxidation levels can inhibit their efficacy. A randomized control study in Spain showed that lower oxidation levels in omega-3 supplements resulted in reduced triglyceride and cholesterol circulation in the body compared with oxidized supplements and placebo.
A healthy balance of dietary omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids is essential for normal immune function, cognitive health, and cardiovascular health.† This formula contains concentrated marine fish oil, providing enriched levels of EPA and DHA.† This fish oil supplement is strictly screened for the absence of any toxic metals and chemicals and is carefully processed and handled to avoid oxidation.†
This nutraceutical supports the nutritional focus of the 5 Essentials®.
|Amount||% Daily Value**|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha-Tocopherol)||2 IU||7%|
|Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids||500 mg||*|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||300 mg||*|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||200 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
**Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Gelatin, glycerin and water.
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
Wild caught fish (anchovies, sardines) from Norway and Peru
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 softgel with each meal or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
|Contains concentrated levels of marine fish oil to provide superior levels of omega-3s.||Fish oil supplements have been under scrutiny for containing less EPA and DHA than advertised.|
|Manufacturing processes that ensure the absence of any toxic metals and chemicals.||Many omega-3 supplements have been found to contain carcinogens, heavy metals, and other toxic substances.|
|Completely free of cholesterol and carefully processed to avoid oxidation.||Omega-3 supplements that have been oxidized in the production process will not be as effective for cholesterol or other benefits.|
|Also known as alpha-tocopherol, or tocopherol, vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and vital to the body.|
|An omega-3 essential fatty acid that the body can only produce in limited amounts, EPA must be consumed in the diet. EPA has anti-inflammatory and protective capabilities.|
|An omega-3 essential fatty acid that the body can only produce in limited amounts, DHA must be consumed in the diet. DHA is an essential component of brain, skin, and eye tissues.|
Some nutrients can be created by the body, either naturally or as it metabolizes other foods. If a nutrient is necessary to health or homeostasis but has to be consumed in the diet, it is known as essential. Essential fatty acids are building blocks of health for a number of functions, including neurological and immune processes. This includes both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. When consumed in balanced proportions, both types of fatty acids are beneficial to the body.
Unfortunately, the rise of vegetable oils, processed foods, and meat-heavy eating habits in the Western diet has favored omega-6 fatty acids. While commonly recommended ratios of omega-6 to omega-3 fats fall around 4-10:1, typical Western diets consume a ratio of around 20-25:1. This gross imbalance can be linked to the rise in inflammatory and chronic illness and can be difficult to correct. Supplementation with a trusted source of omega-3 fatty acids can restore balance to the omega-6/omega-3 ratio and help the body to regain wellness.
- The Mediterranean Diet, which is low in the processed foods and omega-6 laden meats that the Western diet depends on, has been linked with fewer instances of chronic illness and especially inflammatory illness. The balanced omega-6 and omega-3 levels play a definite role in this protective benefit.
- Omega-3s may help the body to process fats that are less healthy. When observing animals to see their body’s response to butter and saturated fats, those who were balanced in omega-3s saw steady blood lipid levels compared with the increased lipids in those who had not consumed enough omega-3s.
- With omega-3s circulating the body, cholesterol may be metabolized more efficiently. Omega-3 supplementation is often associated with lowered levels of triglycerides.
- Cardiovascular health is supported by omega-3 fatty acids, including healthy blood pressure levels, prevention of atherosclerosis, and reduced mortality rates.
- Because fatty acids are such an integral part of the neurological system, it is no surprise that balanced levels of essential fatty acids play a role in cognitive function. More studies must be done to analyze this relationship, but most evidence points to the benefits of omega-3 supplementation for cognitive health at all stages of life.
- When the body is under stress, both mood and cognitive function are strained. Omega-3s have been observed to stabilize mood when under stress, and they can play a similar role as increased physical activity when analyzing cognitive function.
- Connections to mood stabilization and brain health place omega-3 supplementation in the field of nutritive support for mental well being.
- Bringing the body’s omega-3 levels back up often has anti-inflammatory effects, most commonly associated with conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. Additional inflammatory conditions include allergies and asthma, which may also benefit from omega-3 supplementation. Vitamin E, can also help to fight allergies and asthma, among other inflammatory illnesses.
- As an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant supplement, the pairing of vitamin E and omega-3s can have a healing effect on skin conditions, from wound healing to psoriasis and acne.
- Vitamin E plays a complementary role in our formulation, serving as an antioxidant, immune booster, and mediator of cellular health.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
Aren’t we supposed to limit fats while dieting?
This thinking is a relic of diet fads of the past. We now know that the right kinds of fats are an important part of a healthy lifestyle. The key is finding and consuming the right kinds of fats in the right amounts.
Is there mercury or any other toxin in this product?
No. We carefully source our fish oil, and then concentrate it, to ensure that the final product is effective and free of contaminants.
Can I get omega-3s in my diet?
Yes. Omega-3 fatty acids are found primarily in fish and seeds. However, caution must be used to ensure that the fish is wild caught and not contaminated with mercury and other toxins. Farmed fish will not be as beneficial to the body. While it is always advisable to strive to obtain all of your nutrients from food, omega-3 supplementation might be valuable when high quality fish is not accessible.
Will it taste like fish?
Our fish oil is contained in a softgel rather than open liquid, which will not only prevent an unpalatable experience but will ensure the fish oil is released in the body when it will be most beneficial.
Will this supplement add too many omega-3s to my ratio?
Thanks to the abundance of omega-6 fatty acids in our diets, it is unlikely that the ratio will become unbalanced in favor of omega-3s. Pro Omega 3 Intensive Formula has been formulated with the dosage that will be most applicable to the average patient. If you still have concerns about whether you should be taking it, as always please consult with your healthcare practitioner.
What can I do to decrease my omega-6 levels?
Avoiding processed foods – especially refined grains, saturated fats, and trans fats – and limiting meat can help to lower omega-6 levels in the body. Grass-fed beef usually has a better fatty acid ratio than standard beef, as well.
Why is vitamin E included?
Vitamin E is a complementary addition, furthering the cardioprotective, immunomodulating, antioxidant benefits that the Pro Omega 3 Intensive Formula ingredients offer.
Can this replace omega-3 food sources?
Nutraceuticals are intended to supplement a healthy diet. The first and best step you can take toward health is to make good dietary choices. Pro Omega 3 Intensive Formula is a partner in this endeavor, helping you to restore balance after years of omega-6 preference and to augment the diet when healthy omega-3 sources are not available.
Can this replace my cardiovascular medications?
Omega-3 supplements are connected with a great deal of benefits to cardiac health. However, as with any supplement, Pro Omega 3 Intensive Formula is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Instead, work with your physician to determine how omega-3 supplementation can fit within your plan for optimal cardiovascular health.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $49 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or email@example.com for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. Any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them for orders placed on a non-holiday business day before noon EST. Orders placed after noon EST, may ship the following business day if the product is in stock.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.
Great product, no issues at all.
I love this product.
High quality Omega 3
We have been using Max Omega 3 for a year and have noticed it improved our mental clarity. My young adult son has autism and we really feel like it has improved his focus. Clean in ingredients are top priority for us and Max Living never lets us down! Max Omega 3 doesn’t leave any aftertaste and is easy on the system for all in our family.
I have been using these for about 3 months now and I feel it has improved my memory. I was having a hard time remembering things and I feel that the Omega 3 has helped.