From the end of the nineteenth century to the middle of the twentieth, a period of testing, trial and error, and discovery led to our current and growing knowledge of vitamins, so named because they truly are vital for life. While it took teams of scientists specializing in all fields to isolate and identify these important nutrients, the chemists were able to discover ways to extract and synthesize vitamins for supplementation. At the time, this was important for illnesses like scurvy and beriberi and today it is still important for specific deficiencies and conditions that vitamin supplementation can improve.
Scientists are still discovering ways to improve these supplements, leading to better bioavailability and cooperation with the body. The versions that are included in our B-Complex with Delayed Release formula are the best available. Our folate, for example, comes from a calcium salt and is the best alternative to traditional folic acid supplements. Not only is it readily accessible by the body, but it will not mask pernicious anemia like some folate supplements will. Our one-dose daily B-Complex with Delayed Release will provide your body with the highest quality B-vitamins it needs to function efficiently, energetically, and enthusiastically throughout the entire day.
B-Complex with Delayed Release is a comprehensive vitamin B supplement, containing a complete B-vitamin group. B-vitamins are essential for many functions and processes, including maintaining energy and the proper function of your blood, hormones, and nervous system. This supplement is made with a delayed release capsule, allowing for correct metabolism and delivery in the body.†
This nutraceutical supports the nutritional focus of the 5 Essentials®.
|Amount||% Daily Value|
|Thiamine (as thiamine HCI)||50 mg||4167%|
|Riboflavin (as riboflavin-5-phosphate)||20 mg||1538%|
|Niacin (as niacinamide)||50 mg||312%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||20 mg||1176%|
|Folate (as 5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, calcium salt) 400 mcg||667 mcg DFE||167%|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||1,000 mcg||41667%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate)||50 mg||1000%|
Hypromellose (capsule), hypromellose acetate succinate (capsule), purified water, rice extract blend (rice hulls, rice extract, gum acacia, and sunflower oil).
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 capsule daily or as directed by your qualified healthcare practitioner.
|Our folate comes from a studied source known for its bioavailability and favorable interaction with other B-vitamins.||Certain types of folic acid can mask symptoms of severe Vitamin B12 deficiency.|
|As a completely vegan product, individuals who lack B-complex vitamins in their vegetarian or vegan diets can take our supplement with confidence.||B-vitamins are sourced most abundantly in animal protein, and supplements are often derived from meat and animal byproducts.|
|Our delayed-release formula ensures that the vitamins are absorbed where they will be most effective.||Supplements that are dissolved in the highly acidic environment of the stomach or that are never broken down at all will not have the intended beneficial effects on the body.|
(as thiamine HCI)
|Thiamine is also known as Vitamin B1. It is important for glucose metabolism and neurological health.|
|Riboflavin is also known as Vitamin B2. It contributes to energy metabolism and has antioxidant capabilities.|
|Niacin is also known as Vitamin B3. It is found in foods like beets and fish and may have anti-inflammatory properties.|
|Vitamin B6 plays a role in neurotransmission, red cell production, and immune cell production.|
|Folate is also known as Vitamin B9 and is essential for a number of processes in the body.|
|Vitamin B12 deficiencies can cause serious health issues, as B12 is a significant part of energy production, red blood cell formulation, and nerve and immune cell function.|
|A B-Vitamin that helps to metabolize macronutrients, Biotin is also noted for its regenerative effect on hair, skin, and nail health.|
(as D-calcium pantothenate)
|Pantothenic acid is also known as Vitamin B5, and is connected with intestinal health, protection against stress, and the production of blood cells.|
|Hypromellose is a veggie-based component and gellan gum is a natural gelling agent that together form the capsule for the supplement.|
As vitamins were being discovered and analyzed early on, one of the primary features noted was whether a vitamin was fat-soluble or water-soluble. Fat-soluble vitamins can be stored in the body, tucked into fatty layers until the body is ready to recall it. These vitamins can also be taken in excess, since the body will store what it absorbs. Water-soluble vitamins, on the other hand, are not stored by the body. This has two implications: first that you cannot easily get too much of it, and second that the body needs constant input to meet its needs.
B-complex vitamins are all water soluble and play a role in multiple metabolic processes. B-vitamins are coenzymes, essential partners to enzymes as they perform countless necessary tasks throughout the body. From hormone signaling and neurotransmission to metabolism and fighting oxidation, B-vitamins are key to a great deal of processes. Without sufficient and regular intake of B-vitamins, these processes and systems will operate at a deficit.
- B-vitamins are an important part of the metabolism of foods. For example, thiamine breaks down glucose. The more simple carbohydrates an individual eats, the more thiamine they need. The combination of increased simple carbohydrate intake and thiamine deficiency is known as high calorie malnutrition.
- Because of its role in metabolism, thiamine deficiency may be a contributor to obesity. In one review, individuals seeking bariatric surgery were frequently found to have a thiamine deficiency, which does not have overt signs and symptoms Adequate thiamine intake, along with other B-vitamins, is important for healthy metabolism and could play a role in weight maintenance.
- Some nutrients are known as antioxidants because they fight oxidation, which can lead to inflammation, cell damage, and illness. Among these nutrients is riboflavin, a B-vitamin that helps reduce the load of oxidative stress on the body.
- B-vitamins are connected with reduced symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS). Taking B-vitamin supplements can reduce the risk and severity of PMS symptoms.
- By contributing to neurological health and neurotransmitters, B-vitamin deficiencies have been linked to lowered cognitive function. Because of this, B-complex supplements are often taken for focus and memory related issues.
- B12 and folate, in particular, have been analyzed for their connection to neurological conditions such as dementia as well as mood disorders. B-vitamins are a clear part of healthy nervous system function at all stages of life.
- When considering vitamin supplementation for athletic energy and performance, B-vitamins have several important roles to play. Various B-vitamins work together to metabolize energy, create red blood cells, and increase hemoglobin to carry oxygen throughout the body.
- Antioxidants in general are typically anti-inflammatory, but vitamin B6 may take it a step further. P2X receptors in the body are associated with chronic pain and inflammation. Pyridoxal-5’-phosphate (Vitamin B6) may actually have a blocking effect on these receptors, playing a role in pain and inflammation reduction.
- Known to help with psychological strain, high doses of B-complex has been shown to dramatically reduce occupational stress. The research suggests that people will start to experience substantial benefits after 90 days of supplementation.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
Why is there a “delayed release” - don’t I want to take things that act quickly?
Delaying the release of a supplement does not necessarily impact the speed with which it affects the body. Nutrients are absorbed in various ways throughout the body - mucous linings, the stomach, and the intestines, to name a few. By delaying the release of the nutrients in this supplement until it reaches the intestines, the nutrients are better absorbed and taken where they are most efficiently utilized.
Is this a vegetarian/vegan supplement?
Yes. B-complex with Delayed Release can be taken by vegan and vegetarian patients, supplementing their whole foods diet with the b-vitamins they may be lacking.
Can I get B-vitamins in my diet?
The most abundant sources of B-vitamins in the diet are fish, dairy, eggs, poultry, and red meat. When relying on diet alone to obtain all necessary nutrients, the source must be carefully considered. Organic, wild or free range, toxin-free sources are extremely important but may not always be accessible. Additionally, lifestyle choices such as vegetarian or vegan diets can inhibit an individual’s intake of B-vitamins. The ingredient names are unfamiliar.
Does this product contain chemicals?
Vitamins are complex, and B-complex vitamins in particular are comprised of a number of substances that have essentially been nicknamed (B1, B6, etcetera). We use both the common names and the detailed, scientific names so that the consumer is aware of the exact type of vitamin formulation used.
Great B Complex supplement for all day benefits.
Vitamin B Complex
Very good product.
Small, easy to swallow capsules.
Very easy to swallow capsules. Like these very much and I’ve noticed a change in my energy level since taking them.
So far so good
Ive started taking it but I’m nearly 1 year post pneumonia and working on getting my health back.
This has been a great supplement in controlling and reducing my LDL level.