Vitamin D can be attained through two sources: UVB light and diet. When exposed to sunlight, the body manufactures Vitamin D from cholesterol, this is where Vitamin D draws its nickname, “the sunshine vitamin.” Still, some people do not make enough Vitamin D from the sun, among them, people who have a darker skin tone, who are overweight, who are older, and who cover up when they are in the sun.
According to experts, the gold standard in Vitamin D supplementation is D3, also known as cholecalciferol. The reaction that takes place from exposure to UVB light results in the formation of Vitamin D3; for this reason, D3 is known as the natural form of Vitamin D. UV radiation is a known human carcinogen, making supplementation a safer alternative to achieving optimal Vitamin D levels.
Probiotics are live nonpathogenic microorganisms that are introduced into the digestive tract to improve microbial balance. Prebiotics and Probiotics have been shown to have the ability to manipulate the microbial composition and support healthy immune response of an individual.
MaxLiving Vitamin D3 + Probiotics adds essential nutrients into your diet, this whole food formula features 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3, 10 billion CFU of probiotics, and FOS prebiotics from chicory root.†
Vitamin D3 is critical for healthy bones, joints, skin, and teeth, but it is not easily found in food sources.
Probiotics support a healthy digestive tract and FOS, a powerful prebiotic, nourishes gut bacteria to ensure that the probiotics work optimally.
|Amount||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||5000 IU||1250%|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||2 Billion CFU||*|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus||4 Billion CFU||*|
|Bifidobacterium longum||2 Billion CFU||*|
|Bifidobacterium lactis||2 Billion CFU||*|
|Inulin/FOS (Fructo-oligosaccharides) (from chicory root)||150 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Hypromellose (capsule), cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and silicon dioxide.
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, fish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
Take 1 capsule daily with a meal or as directed by your qualified healthcare practitioner.
|Combines the powerful benefits of two products in one.||Vitamin D3 and Probiotics are usually sold as two stand alone products.|
|5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 in one capsule.||Often a blend of less absorbable D2 with D3.|
|10 Billion CFU of probiotics providing four different strains.||Less probiotics without diverse strains.|
|Fructo-oligsaccharides (FOS) from chicory root.||Most probiotics formulas fail to include FOS, which sustains probiotics.|
|Vitamin D3 is a hormone and nutrient sourced from lanolin.|
|L. acidophilus is a bacteria commonly found in the intestine and shown to create an “unfriendly” environment for bad bacteria.|
|L. rhamnosus is a bacteria commonly found in the intestines and shown to be able to withstand the harsh acids normally found in the stomach and digestive tract.|
|B. longum is a bacteria commonly found in the digestive tract and shown to inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria and boost the immune system.|
|B. lactis is a bacteria commonly found in the large intestine and shown to reduce pH, creating an unfavorable environment for bad bacteria.|
|FOS is a form of soluble fiber that nourishes probiotics so they can thrive in the intestines.|
Immune health and digestive health are interconnected and both can be supported by Vitamin D3 with Probiotics. Combined, these nutrients promote the symbiotic balance of the immune system while promoting digestive, cardiovascular, and musculoskeletal health.
Western diets have grown increasingly poor in the past decades, resulting in higher intakes of processed and sugar-laden foods and a decrease in fiber intake. Simultaneously we have seen an increase in inflammatory disease processes making it reasonable to suggest that diet and poor health are related. Vitamin D3 and probiotics both play a clear role in improving digestion and addressing inflammation, and can be influenced by dietary choices.
- Vitamin D has been shown to have a role in the immune system by regulating antimicrobial protein levels and influencing infection control.
- An analysis of 12 fracture prevention trials that included more than 40,000 elderly people, most of them women, found that intakes of at least 800 IU of Vitamin D daily reduced hip and non-spine fractures by 20 percent, while lower intakes failed to offer any fracture prevention benefit.
- Individuals who are deficient in Vitamin D are twice as likely to suffer from a heart attack when compared to those who have adequate levels.
- Low Vitamin D levels have been correlated to higher risk of heart failure, sudden cardiac death, stroke, overall cardiovascular disease, and cardiovascular death.
- Research suggests that Vitamin D protects individuals from cardiovascular disease by playing a role in blood pressure regulation, which subsequently prevents artery damage, a key factor in cardiovascular disease and related decline. One study found that improving the Vitamin D status of a hypertensive patient led to a drop of systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Diet alone has the strongest and most direct impact on gut microbial colonization. Dietary consumption of prebiotics and probiotics has the ability to induce major shifts in gut microbial composition, directly affecting the mucosal immune system and resulting in positive effects on enteric inflammatory disorders and the systemic immune response.
- Bacteria that inhabit the gut regulate the colonization and eradication of pathogens. Thus, the administration of oral probiotics and prebiotics that boost the growth of natural competitors should be an effective treatment of enteric diseases.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
What is the source of the D3?
The Vitamin D3 in this formula is lanolin-derived.
What types/strands of probiotics are included and why were those types/strands chosen?
• Lactobacillus acidophilus replaces healthy gut flora that have been impacted by disease, illness or antibiotic use; specifically for immune support and relief from common digestive complaints.
• Lactobacillus rhamnosus has been shown to have remarkable tolerance to the harsh environment of the GI tract and supports a healthy immune system.
• Bifidobacterium longum is naturally part of the GI tract and helps to maintain a normal digestive tract. It also inhibits growth of harmful bacteria while boosting the immune system; this strain can be beneficial for diarrhea prevention after a course of antibiotics.
• Bifidobacterium lactis inhabits the intestines and colon; it functions to breakdown waste and in the absorption of vitamins and minerals.
What is FOS?
FOS is a powerful prebiotic that sustains healthy gut bacteria to ensure that probiotics work optimally. It comes from chicory root.
What is the best way to take this new formula?
Take Vitamin D3 + Probiotics with a meal or along with Optimal Omega, since D3 is a fat-soluble vitamin.
Should I refrigerate this bottle?
Vitamin D3 + Probiotics is shelf stable and does not have to be refrigerated. However, refrigeration may help extend the shelf life of your bottle.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $49 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or email@example.com for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. Any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them for orders placed on a non-holiday business day before noon EST. Orders placed after noon EST, may ship the following business day if the product is in stock.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.