Western lifestyles are riddled with stress, though the dangers are mental, financial, and personal in nature rather than physical. The body, however, is wired with dramatic responses to stress, such as adrenaline – the fight or flight hormone. When presented with mental stress, the hormone response is the same as though physical danger were present. If that energy is not used to actually flee or defend ourselves physically, the neurological and hormone response is absorbed by the body. Repeated patterns of stress and stress response are taxing on the body, depleting the immune system, inhibiting sleep patterns, and creating conditions such as anxiety and depression.
GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid) serves to calm these excitable neurons and slow the stress response, relieving the body of an internal overreaction. Normally, this substance is synthesized by the body rather than consumed in the diet. While supplementation can be beneficial, it is not effective if the body cannot draw the supplemental GABA in and across the blood-brain barrier. Proteins, however, regularly cross the blood-brain barrier in order to bring vital nutrients to the brain. By pairing GABA and its synergistic partnering ingredients with a protein-building block, absorption of Adrenal Calm is much more reliable than other supplements, and the GABA is free to bring calming benefits to the brain and body.
Get a restful sleep with this natural calming supplement that contains Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) and inositol.† This effective blend of amino acids, Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), and inositol helps to calm your central nervous system.† The addition of natural passion flower extract also improves sleep and reduces anxiety by increasing GABA production.
This nutraceutical supports the nutritional focus of the 5 Essentials®.
|Amount||% Daily Value|
|GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid)||100 mg||*|
|Passion Flower Extract 4:1 (Passiflora incarnata) (flower)||100 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Hypromellose (capsule), cellulose, vegetable stearic acid and silicon dioxide.
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking medications or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broke or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 or 2 capsules before dinner and/or at bedtime, or as directed by your qualified healthcare practitioner.
|Our supplement is formulated to carry the nutrients where they are needed most.||GABA is not easily absorbed by the body and cannot cross the blood-brain barrier on its own.|
|Adrenal Calm is a synergistic formula, with several ingredients working together to create the most efficient results.||Supplements that are singles often require excessive dosing or pairing with other formulas to obtain results.|
|As a pure supplement without any additives or toxins, you can be confident that no harmful substances are being carried into sensitive areas of the body.||A supplement intended to act on the sensitive brain and adrenal function must be of the highest quality, and not all supplement manufactures are trustworthy|
|A carbohydrate similar to b-vitamins, inositol helps to balance chemical transmissions in the body.|
Gamma Aminobutyric Acid
|GABA is primarily produced within the body and functions in the brain as a messenger, most notably for relaxing overly excited neurons.|
Passiflora Incarnata L.
|An herb with a longstanding history, passion flower is most commonly utilized as a sedative and calming treatment for anxiety.|
|L-Glycine is a non-essential amino acid (protein building block) that can be created by the body or consumed in the diet.|
If the brain is to be known as the command center of the body, neurological impulses and hormones are the foot soldiers, carrying out orders and setting the rest of the body’s processes into motion. When the foot soldiers, or hormones and neurons, become too excited, the body’s responses may be greater than what is necessary. This results in symptoms such as anxiety, sleeplessness, stress, and depression and places a strain on the endocrine and neurological systems. Prolonged stress on these systems can lower the immune system and impair cognitive ability.
Slowing a stressful lifestyle is important for these functions and overall health, but it is not always possible to easily remove stress or recover the damage that stress has done. Supplementation such as Adrenal Calm can help the brain to relax and ease the response to stresses, allowing restorative time for adrenal and neurological systems. As a result, the affected processes such as immunity, sleep and mood, and even growth hormones can begin to function optimally once more. When the body is under serious or regular amounts of stress, it adjusts its priorities and all of the processes are affected. The immune system is most notable, shifting its attention from outside threats to perceived internal threats and creating inflammation. A body on alert from stress will be more susceptible to illness and prone to painful inflammation. The relaxing effects of inositol, GABA, and passion flower have an added restorative effect when these processes can return to normal.
- L-Glycine, while utilized to move GABA through the blood and to the brain, has health benefits of its own. As an amino acid, L-Glycine also has protective effects for the immune system, reducing inflammation and improving efficiency.
- Most individuals would prefer to attempt natural compounds for panic disorder, stress, and anxiety relief. While this is not possible in every case, many individuals do find relief from natural supplements. Inositol is one such supplement, as a precursor for neurotransmitters, that has shown itself to bring relief without threat of side effects.
- Depression can be chronic, seasonal, or cyclical (as with Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)). While each individual and their circumstance will be different, Inositol is a promising supplement, relieving symptoms of varying kinds of depression.
- In addition to stress and immune related hormones, GABA has demonstrated effects on growth hormones as well which could be beneficial when the body is responding to the physical stress of strenuous exercise.
- As a synergistic blend, Adrenal Calm utilizes an herbal compound as well, in the form of the highly regarded passion flower. Passion flower has long been utilized for anxiety and relaxation, sometimes in a tea or tincture. Passion flower performs well with GABA, accentuating its calming effects.
- While not a formula designed to induce sleep immediately, relieving the adrenals of stress and overexertion can have effects on sleep quality. Relaxed neurological and endocrine systems can produce better sleep, and GABA has been shown to improve sleep quality over time.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
Is this a sleeping pill?
Adrenal Calm is meant to relax the body’s responses to stressful circumstances and repair the damage that long term stress creates. While this may result in a calmer body and mind that can settle into improved sleep patterns, this is not a supplement intended to induce sleep with immediate results.
Why should I take it in the evening?
Some people find that the calming effects of a relaxed neurological and hormonal response system makes them drowsy and ready for sleep. Even if you do not feel this way, Adrenal Calm is meant to help the body to slow stressful responses and begin to recover, and pairing dosing with restorative sleep can help to enhance these effects.
Will I be sluggish after taking this supplement or drowsy when I wake up?
Adrenal Calm should not induce the kind of heavy sleepiness that actual sleeping pills and supplements create. However, passion flower and the overall calming effect of the supplement may make some individuals drowsy.
What are adrenals?
Short for adrenal glands, adrenals are small glands located on the kidney. They produce hormones related to everything from food metabolism to stress response. When stress responses are needed on a consistent basis, the adrenals are said to be fatigued and may begin performing sluggishly.
What else can I do to support adrenal function?
Relieving mental stress by practicing mindfulness, avoiding stressful circumstances, and even eating well can all help the adrenal glands to function optimally.
Can I get these substances in my diet?
While passion flower can be consumed in a tea and inositol in cereals, GABA is manufactured by the body. These are not supplements sought after to be added into the diet beyond what is normally consumed. Instead, working to reduce stress levels can benefit the brain and adrenal glands, and supplementation can support those efforts.
Are there chemicals or toxins in this supplement?
No. Individuals can be confident that all MaxLiving supplements are free of toxins and chemicals. Unfamiliar ingredient names are often the names of the composition of a formula, but each substance is naturally derived or extracted.
Should I avoid alcohol or driving after taking this supplement?
Adrenal Calm should not create a state of relaxation that precludes driving. However, if you feel dizzy or drowsy, use good judgment and avoid a dangerous situation. Speak with a physician before consuming alcohol with any drug or supplement.
How do I know if I should take one or two?
A number of factors can determine whether you need a stronger or weaker dose, from body composition to the state of stress and your adrenal response. Speak with your physician or healthcare professional to determine the best course of action for your individual needs.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $49 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or email@example.com for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.
What an immediate difference. I feel a whole lot less stressed out, and now I'm sleeping at night.