When the hormones so closely related to stress and exhaustion are constantly taxed, the brain and body pay the price. So many Americans struggle against mental and emotional stress, obesity, poor diets, and poor sleeping habits. The body was meant to refresh and recharge through diet and rest. It can only give so much.
There are countless adrenal blends on the market, but our Adrenal Energy focuses on the root of the issue: feeding the body and easing its stress. Complementary herbs and extracts serve to relieve the stress that taxes this system in the first place, and the essential amino acids that produce and regulate dopamine and other hormones support the natural replenishing processes of the body.
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is the source of the brain’s power and energy. Adrenal Energy stimulates the brain by supporting the production of dopamine and the hormones norepinephrine and epinephrine.† It contains essential amino acids that are required for the synthesis of neurotransmitters. For herbal support that increases the body’s resistance to biological and chemical stresses, our formula includes Rhodiola rosea.†
|Amount||% Daily Value|
|Rhodiola rosea extract (root) (Standardized to contain 1% rosavins)||75 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Hypromellose (capsule), cellulose, and vegetable stearic acid.
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE. Do not use if you have phenylketonuria (PKU). If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking prescription medications such as L-dopa for Parkinson's disease or MAOIs, consult with a physician before using this product. Use of DL-Phenylalanine should be limited to less than 2 grams per day.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule with lunch, or as directed by your qualified healthcare practitioner.
|Just a few ingredients, focused on what the body really needs in order to overcome adrenal fatigue and sluggish cognitive function.||A myriad of ingredients, which may or may not have any added benefit.|
|Derived from whole foods and high quality ingredients, in an easily dissolved capsule.||Artificial ingredients and poorly digested tablets will never be absorbed and utilized by the body.|
|Safe to use in children ages 3 and older.†||Might focus on nutritive or herbal, without taking advantage of the synergism of a carefully selected combination.|
|Phenylalanine is an amino acid that is essential for the body. Both the D and L forms can be converted to phenylethylamine, which may have regulating effects in mood and feelings of well-being. The L form can be converted to tyrosine, an important amino acid used to produce certain neurotransmitters.|
|When phenylalanine is processed in the body, it creates tyrosine, another amino acid that is also found in food and plays a role in stress response, energy, and brain function.|
(standardized to contain 1% rosavins)
|Rhodiola is an adaptogen that is thought to increase the body’s resistance to biological and chemical stresses.|
|L-Methionine is an essential amino acid that must be consumed through the diet or supplementation for optimal energy and sleep health.|
|Octanol is found in the waxy portion of the leaves of some plants and is extracted for its potential benefits on energy regulation.|
Known as the happy hormone, dopamine is associated with mood and rewards, as well as cognitive ability. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that affects brain processes that control movement and emotional response. It's also the source of brain’s power and energy. This formula has been specially formulated to support dopamine regulation for a more energetic brain.
Dopamine, along with epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine, can be produced and regulated in the body by diet, but these volatile hormones can also be depleted or produced in excess under a number of circumstances – usually revolving around stress on the mind or body. Amino acids are a vital part of the production of these hormones. Non-essential amino acids are produced by the body, while essential amino acids must be consumed in the diet or via supplementation. Once consumed, they are metabolized by the body into other substances that ultimately help to regulate cognitive, mood balancing, and energizing hormones.
Adrenal Energy utilizes the essential amino acid DL-phenylalanine, which is a precursor to tyrosine, as well as L-tyrosine and other stress-relieving, dopamine-regulating substances for a well-rounded supplement that focuses on enhancing brain energy and function.
- Amino acids function as neurotransmitters as well as precursors for neurotransmitters, meaning they are the building blocks for proteins as well as healthy brain function. An intake of healthy amino acid levels can energize and revitalize the brain.
- While we have a general understanding that stress affects the immune system, dopamine levels are directly connected with immunoregulatory responses. By supporting the body with nutritive precursors to dopamine, the immune system is supported, as well.
- As we age, it becomes increasingly important to consume adequate levels of proteins and essential amino acids. A proper dietary intake can improve many factors of the aging process, from physical abilities to immune function and cognitive processes.
- Some amino acid supplements are marketed for exercise recovery, but Adrenal Energy focuses on the production of tyrosine. This nutrient is connected with stress relief and cognitive function, making it a brain-building nutrient as opposed to a bodybuilding one.
- An energized brain can switch from task to task with ease. Tyrosine has been shown to improve this capability, helping healthy adults shift between tasks without losing focus or productivity.
- As an adaptogen, rhodiola helps the body to adapt to stressful circumstances. Indicated for sleep disturbances, physical and mental strain, and mood, rhodiola is a well suited, brain-boosting complement to the amino acid blend.
- To underscore the powerful mood-modulating abilities that rhodiola carries as an adaptogenic herb, it has been used as part of a treatment protocol for mild to moderate depression.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
What does the DL indicate in DL-Phenylalanine?
Phenylalanine is notated with three prefixes: D, L, and DL. D-Phenylalanine has been produced completely in a lab. L-Phenylalanine indicates the naturally occurring amounts in food. DL-Phenylalanine is a combination of the two, offering a stabilized version that is most effective for supplements.
Are there any toxins in this supplement?
No. Our supplements are always manufactured in the USA using the highest quality ingredients possible, free of toxins and harmful additives. D-Phenylalanine in general is non-toxic. Studies have shown that it can become toxic at dosages of 5,000 mg or more per day.
If phenylalanine makes tyrosine, why does this include both?
Tyrosine is a powerful and important substance for brain health and adrenal function. By supplying the body with both the substance and its precursor, we can help to establish its continued production.
What is phenylketonuric, and does it apply to me?
Phenylketonuric is a rare birth defect that affects less than 20,000 Americans each year. It is discovered through a routine test in newborns, and treated through diet and supplementation. This disorder prevents the body from processing phenylalanine, creating a toxic buildup of unused substances.
What are rosavins?
Rosavins indicates the active component of rhodiola, which is believed to be part of many of the benefits of this herb. By standardizing the extract, we can be sure that the components that are needed for this supplement are included and available to the body in each and every dose.
Will this make me feel more awake?
This supplement is formulated to maximize brain function and energize the adrenal system. Poor adrenal health is often associated with decreased energy levels. It is possible that improved hormone regulation and sharpened cognitive function could make an individual feel more energized. Whether or not you feel immediately energized should not be a marker of the supplement’s effectiveness, though it could become a welcome effect over time.
Is adaptogen just a marketing term?
No. Coined by Russian scientists in the 1960s, adaptogens are so named because of the way they help the body to adapt. It is a category of herbal medicine that applies to substances that help the body to normalize during periods of stress.
Can I get these nutrients from food sources?
Amino acids are typically derived through high protein foods such as meat, nuts, and seeds. The supporting extracts are not as easily obtained, making this supplement uniquely tailored for its purposes.
Does non-essential amino acid mean that I don’t need it?
An essential amino acid can only be derived from outside sources, such as diet or supplementation. A non-essential amino acid can be produced by the body via precursors and bodily functions. However, both essential and non-essential amino acids are a vital part of a healthy diet.
What else can I do to improve adrenal energy and brain health?
Maintaining a regular sleep pattern with adequate amounts of rest will allow the brain and adrenals to refresh and replenish overnight. Minimizing physical and mental stress will also ease these processes. Restoring the body through exercise and a well-rounded diet will also serve to support healthy brain function and relieve the adrenals of added burdens.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.