The curcuminoids found in turmeric have been extensively studied for their ability to improve cardiovascular function, reduce inflammation, support musculoskeletal health, and maintain immune system health. Antioxidants like turmeric, superoxide dismutase and Indian gooseberry remove free radicals, greatly reducing oxidative stress levels.
Glutathione is easily one of the most important molecules needed to stay healthy and prevent disease. It plays a role in aging, cancer, heart disease, cognitive decline and more. Supplementation with N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine supports healthy glutathione levels and mitigates the negative effects of toxins, stress, trauma, medications and more.
This potent antioxidant formula contains Curcumin C3® Complex, a form of highly absorbable turmeric extract, as well as Extramel® M, a clinically studied melon extract rich in superoxide dismutase with extremely powerful antioxidant activity and anti-stress effects.† Indian Gooseberry provides additional protection against oxidative stress and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine provides multifaceted cellular support against free radicals.†
|Amount||% Daily Value|
|Curcumin C3 Complex® Turmeric Extract (Curtcuma long) (rhizomes)||225 mg||*|
|Indian Gooseberry Extract (Emblica officinalis) (fruit)||200 mg||*|
|Extramel® M Melon Extract (Cucumis melo) (fruit) (providing 140 IU of superoxide dismutase)||10 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Hypromellose capsule, cellulose and vegetable stearic acid.
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
Take 1 capsule daily with a meal or as directed by your qualified healthcare practitioner.
|Contains Curcumin C3 Complex®, a patented form of highly absorbable turmeric with three key constituents: Curcumin, Demethoxycurcumin & Bisdemethoxycurcumin. These are collectively known as Curcuminoids.||Contain powdered turmeric that has not been verified for potency or efficacy.|
|Contains Indian Gooseberry Extract which is a powerful herbal antioxidant and rich source of Vitamin C.||Most of our competitors haven’t yet realized the value and power of Indian Gooseberry and you won’t find it in many formulas.|
|Contains Extramel® Superoxide Dismutase, a patented form of Superoxide Dismutase sourced from non-GMO melon pulp. Extramel is delicately processed and traceable from field to laboratory.||Superoxide dismutase that has not been verified for potency or efficacy and sourced from conventional melon varieties.|
|100mg N-acetyl-L-Cysteine to support the production of glutathione.||N-acetyl-L-Cysteine is usually sold as a stand-alone product, forcing you to purchase multiple supplements.|
|A patented form of turmeric extract that contains highly bioavailable curcuminoids.|
|A powerful a powerful herbal antioxidant and rich source of Vitamin C used extensively in Ayurvedic medicine.|
|A patented form of superoxide dismutase sourced from melons.|
|A powerful amino acid that provides the precursors for glutathione production.|
Chronic, low-level inflammation plays a role in every leading cause of mortality in the United States. Inflammation and oxidative stress lead to an accumulation of free radicals and the development of chronic disease.
A growing body of evidence suggests that oxidative stress, free radicals and abnormal inflammatory reactions contribute to the key events in Alzheimer’s disease, cognitive decline, cardiovascular disease, cancer and numerous other pathological states.
- The presence of pro-inflammatory cytokines is associated with numerous chronic diseases such as type-2 diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and cancer. An overwhelming amount of data indicates that curcumin (a polyphenol obtained from the Indian spice turmeric, Curcuma longa) is a potential chemopreventive agent for treating certain cancers and other chronic inflammatory diseases.
- Curcumin has been reported to influence many cell-signaling pathways involved in tumor initiation and proliferation. Curcumin inhibits COX-2 activity, cyclin D1 and MMPs overexpression, NF-kB, STAT and TNF-alpha signaling pathways and regulates the expression of p53 tumor suppressing genes.
- Dyslipidemia is a leading risk factor for cardiovascular disease and is also a common feature of obesity. Research has found that serum triglycerides were significantly reduced following curcumin supplementation.
- Superoxide dismutase activity promotes antioxidant status and protects against increased inflammation. Supplementation with superoxide dismutase leads to lower C-reactive protein in athletes.
- Supplementation with Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) significantly improved signs and symptoms of stress and fatigue linked to performance, physical (pain or sleep) troubles, cognitive (concentration, weariness or sleep) troubles or behavioral (attitude, irritability, difficulty of contact) issues compared to the placebo. In the same way, quality of life and perceived stress were significantly improved with SOD supplementation.
- Treatment with Indian Gooseberry produced significant reduction of total cholesterol, LDL, triglycerides and VLDL along with a significant increase in HDL levels. Indian Gooseberry produces a significant reduction in blood pressure. This study suggests that the addition of Indian Gooseberry to currently available hypolipidemic therapy would offer significant protection against atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease.
N-acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) is an effective scavenger of free radicals as well as a major contributor to maintenance of the cellular glutathione status in muscle cells. Studies have demonstrated some possible roles for NAC to minimize fatigue or extend the time it takes for it to accumulate as well as prevent the onset of apoptosis secondary to exhaustive exercise.
- N-acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) provides rate-limiting cofactors in the production of glutathione. Because of its antioxidant activity, glutathione is essential for the immune system to exert its full potential. This suggests that adequate NAC levels are required in order to maintain healthy glutathione levels.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
I am a bit confused a little on the differences between Daily Defense and Detox System, because it seems to me if you’re detoxing every day the Daily Defense would not be needed?
Daily Defense is a Regenerative Antioxidant Formula. It naturally protects the body from chronic low-level inflammation and provides defense against free radical damage. Daily Defense is also great for people with any type of bodily inflammation stresses and joint pain. Regeneration is especially important when regularly eating higher carbohydrate and unhealthy fatladen foods. Daily Defense, as well as Detox System, can be taken daily.
What does Daily Defense do?
Supports healthy inflammation response and defense against free radical damage. It is also good for inflammation and oxidative stress.
What is the difference between the curcumin in the new formula compared to the Turmeric Extract in the previous formula?
Previously we were using a form of turmeric that was not standardized to include a guaranteed amount of curcuminoids, the beneficial components found in turmeric. We have since moved to a standardized extract, backed by several research studies.
What is Curcumin C3 Complex®?
Curcumin C3 Complex® is a patented form of curcumin that contains three active compounds found in curcumin: Curcumin, Demethoxycurcumin and Bisdemethoxycurcumin. This standardized extract provides enhanced absorbability.
What does the higher amount of superoxide dismutase come from and what is Extramel® M?
We increased the amount of superoxide dismutase by using a more concentrated form that comes from melon extract. Extramel® M is a patented form of melon extract that contains high levels of superoxide dismutase.
What is the best way to take Daily Defense?
Daily Defense is best taken in the morning alongside Optimal Omega. The fat content of Optimal Omega enhances the absorption of the curcuminoids in Daily Defense. Turmeric, the source of curcuminoids, is fat soluble and requires a source of fat to carry it through the digestive process.
What is a hypermellose capsule?
This is a veggie capsule. It is non-animal and suitable for vegetarians. The biggest concern was that the SOD from the cantaloupe extract needs to be encapsulated in a protein to survive the digestion process to be effective. There are many cheap non-protected supplements out there which are useless when taken orally. Our SOD is a patented form of superoxide dismutase known as Extramel®. Extramel® is micro-encapsulated and protected to ensure bioavailability.
Why does Daily Defense now contain 10mg of Extramel® M instead of 140mg of Extramel® D?
Extramel® D Superoxide Dismutase was discontinued. The replacement is Extramel® M Superoxide Dismutase, which is 14 times more potent. This ingredient is used in 2 MaxLiving products: Daily Defense and Cell Detox (in Detox System). Less of Extramel® M (10mg) is needed to achieve the same activity of Superoxide Dismutase than Extramel® D (140mg), because Extramel® M is 14 times more potent.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $49 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. Any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them for orders placed on a non-holiday business day before noon EST. Orders placed after noon EST, may ship the following business day if the product is in stock.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.
The NAC and cucurmin are beneficial for inflammation and that one of the benefits of NAC's is to aide the respitratory system. Both are especially needed in today's world.
I’ve just started taking this with all my other vitamins. So far so good
I have used this product previously. It works well for me.
Great Product! Monthly auto ship product for me!