Digestive Enzymes combines betaine hydrochloride (HCl) along with a comprehensive, synergistic blend of enzymes. This proprietary blend of digestive enzymes along with betaine HCl is ideal to support optimal digestion of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
We are not just what we eat. We’re also what we digest, absorb, and assimilate. If digestive function is compromised, we cannot fully benefit from the nutrients in our diet, no matter how high the quality of our foods. Digestive Enzymes is a proprietary blend of digestive enzymes along with betaine hydrochloride (betaine HCl) to support the optimal digestion of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Using Digestive Enzymes before meals may be helpful for patients who experience gas and bloating after eating, occasional constipation, or a feeling of fullness after eating only a small quantity of food.††
This nutraceutical supports the nutritional focus of the 5 Essentials®.
|Amount||% Daily Value|
|Betaine HCI||200 mg||*|
|Digestion Propietary blend
(Ox Bile Extract, Peptidase (DPPIV), Amylase, Glucoamylase, Lactase, Alpha Galactosidase, Bromelain, Papain, Cellulase, Lipase, Pepsin, Invertase)
*Daily Value not established
Other ingredients: Hypromellose (capsule), cellulose, olive oil powder.
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, gluten, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
As a dietary supplement, take one capsule per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
|Contains betaine HCl as well as a proprietary enzyme blend that includes special protease DPP IV (dipeptidyl peptidase IV), ox bile extract, lipase, and lactase.†||Contains betaine HCl, ox bile extract, organic ginger root, pepsin, and organic gentian root.|
|Betaine HCl is an excellent source of hydrochloric acid (HCl), which is required for the breakdown of protein in the stomach for further digestion in the small intestine, the conversion of the proenzyme pepsinogen into pepsin, the proper absorption of nutrients, and protection from pathogens, as the acid provides a protective barrier against bacterial and yeast overgrowth.|
|Includes dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) – a special enzyme which aids in the breakdown of gluten and casein, lactase – the enzyme which helps digest lactose, known as the “milk sugar”, lipase, to emulsify and digest fats and fat-soluble vitamins, and more.|
Digestive Enzymes are a proprietary blend of digestive enzymes along with betaine HCl to support optimal digestion of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. The unique, proprietary blend in this formula includes the special protease DPP IV (dipeptidyl peptidase IV), which aids in the breakdown of the peptides gluteomorphin (from gluten) and casomorphin (from casein). Digestive Enzymes also includes the enzyme lactase, which helps break down the dairy sugar lactose.
- Digestive enzymes are able to break down proteins, carbohydrates, and fat. Supplementation may play a role in the management of digestive disorders, from lactose intolerance to cystic fibrosis.
- Gastric acid (stomach acid) facilitates the digestion of protein as well as the absorption of iron, calcium, vitamin B12, and certain medications.
- High gastric acidity, in combination with pepsin and lipase, kills ingested microorganisms.
- High gastric acidity may play a role in preventing bacterial overgrowth, enteric infection, and possibly spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, community-acquired pneumonia, and infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Acid secretion protects against invading pathogens and allows us to consume more complex diets.
- The stomach has an important gatekeeping function against food allergies.
- Proton pump inhibitors, sucralfate, and/ or antacids may suppress gastric acid and interfere with protein digestion. Doing this may lead to sensitization and allergic reaction.
- The protease DPP IV (dipeptidyl peptidase IV) aids in the breakdown of the peptides gluteomorphin (from gluten) and casomorphin (from casein).
- A high gastric pH may lower gastric digestion and trigger food allergy. The allergenicity of allergens was reduced by up to a 10,000-fold by proper gastric digestion.
- Digestive enzymes mix well with nutrients, but are inactivated at pH 4 or below.
- Insufficient HCl may lead to poor nutrient status.
- Insufficient HCl may increase the risk for bone fractures.
- Animal studies show that betaine supplementation improves intestinal function.
- Gastric acid levels determine the activation of gastric pepsin and also the release of pancreatic enzymes.
- When anti-ulcer drugs inhibit or neutralize gastric acid, they may contribute to food allergens and protein-bound oral drugs with enhanced capacity to sensitize and elicit allergic reactions.
- Anti-ulcer medications increase the risk of food allergy.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
When should I take Digestive Enzymes??
Take Digestive Enzymes before meals. This may be helpful for those experiencing occasional gas and bloating after eating, constipation, or a feeling of fullness after eating only a small quantity of food.
Can I take more than one Digestive Enzymes capsule before a meal??
Some individuals may benefit from more than one capsule, especially with a larger meal and/ or meals with higher protein. Warmth and/ or discomfort are signs that you have taken too much Betaine HCl. If that happens, you can neutralize that sensation with one teaspoon of baking soda in water.
Digestive Enzyme Product
It was recommended I start taking digestive enzymes to help my system process food better. I noticed positive results in less than 1 week of taking the product.
I literally can’t go a day without it. I don’t have a gallbladder and this saves me daily!
Has helped me feel better after eating! Less bloating and not gassy.
a game changer
It's nice to have the acid and enzymes in one product.