Omega-3 fatty acids are essential components of human nutrition. They are considered “essential” because we need them for proper health, but can’t efficiently produce them on our own. To maintain healthy levels, essential fatty acids must be consumed through diet or supplementation. Omega-3 fatty acids are required for a number of body functions: brain development, heart health, skin and joint health, eye health and immune system health. During development, children require essential fatty acids and often don’t enjoy eating the foods that contain them. This is where supplementation can be beneficial.
Vitamin D can be attained through two sources: UVB light and diet. When exposed to sunlight, the body manufactures vitamin D from cholesterol; this is where Vitamin D draws its nickname, “the sunshine vitamin”. Children need adequate Vitamin D levels to support the absorption of calcium which aids in bone growth and development. Without enough Vitamin D, bones can become thin, brittle or misshapen. Vitamin D sufficiency prevents rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults.
This convenient strawberry lemonade flavored, liquid formula provides all of the benefits of fish oil with a taste your kids will love.† Fish oil is a rich source of EPA and DHA, the omega-3 fatty acids crucial for the health of the brain; specifically the areas used for memory, learning, and reasoning. Vitamin D3 is the active form of vitamin D and supports the development of healthy bones, teeth, and the immune system. Vitamin D is important for lifelong health and wellness as it is essential for the absorption of nutrients.
Flavor: Strawberry lemonade
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value 1**||% Daily Value 2**|
|Calories from Fat||23|
|Total Fat||2.5 g||*||4%|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g||*||3%|
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||1,000 IU||250%||250%|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||240 mg||*||*|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||190 mg||*||*|
*Daily Value not established
**Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Purified arctic cod liver oil, MCT oil, Rosemary extract (a natural preservative), D-alpha tocopherol, Natural strawberry flavor, Natural lemon flavor and Stevia.
GMO, Sugar, Salt, Soy, Dairy, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Shellfish, Yeast, Wheat, Gluten, Artificial Preservatives, Titanium Dioxide, Artificial Colors and Flavors.
Fish (Arctic Cod)
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication, or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. This product requires adult supervision and is not to be dispensed by children. Store in a cool, dry place at 71 degrees Fahrenheit or below. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing. Refrigerate after opening.
Take ½ teaspoon daily with food. Recommended for children 1+ years old or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
|Easy to use liquid formula for ages 1 and older†.||It can be difficult to find a pure fish oil source for children under the age of 3.|
|Combines Vitamin D3 with EPA and DHA†.||These two products are often sold separately.|
|Free of additives, sugar and artificial colors or flavors†.||Made with synthetic oils, colors and flavorings. Often sweetened with sugar and/or corn syrup.|
|A natural source of EPA and DHA from wild fish.|
|Medium-chain triglyceride oil that contains cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3).|
|An antioxidant from rosemary that naturally preserves herbal preparations.|
|A proprietary strawberry and lemon flavor blend sweetened with stevia.|
Western diets contain excessive amounts of Omega-6 fatty acids and are deficient in Omega-3 fatty acids. This is a drastic change from the diet that human beings evolved on along with the genetic predispositions established by this diet. Omega-3 intake in children is important for a variety of reasons. It supports immune system health, healthy brain development and supports joint and skin health†.
Vitamin D levels in children play a critical role in maintaining serum calcium and phosphorus balance, which are the foundation of bone health. Maintaining optimal Vitamin D levels in children is a concern for many parents. Studies have found vitamin D3 is the preferable form as it has been found to maintain active vitamin D levels for a longer period of time†.
- Several studies have demonstrated differences in Omega-3 fatty acid composition in plasma and in erythrocyte membranes in patients with ADHD compared to unaffected controls. Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties and can alter central nervous system cell membrane fluidity and phospholipid composition. Cell membrane fluidity can alter serotonin and dopamine neurotransmission. Research suggest that Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation, particularly with higher doses of EPA, was modestly effective in the treatment of ADHD.
- Essential fatty acids play a central functional role in brain tissue. They make up the basic components of the nervous system and play a role in membrane fluidity and volume. EFAs are also the precursors for the mediators that play a role in inflammation and immune reaction. They influence multiple aspects of the nervous system and gene expression. Research suggests that essential fatty acids are critical for brain development and function.
- Compared to populations without high intakes of Omega-3 fatty acids, those with very high lifelong intakes of Omega-3 fatty acids are notable for low cardiovascular risk and less arterial atherosclerosis suggesting that supplementation in childhood can have lifelong benefits.
- Vitamin D has been shown to have a role in the immune system by regulating antimicrobial protein levels and influencing infection control.
- There is strong correlation between Vitamin D sufficiency and optimal muscle function. Increasing levels of Vitamin D reduces inflammation, pain and myopathy while increasing muscle protein synthesis, ATP concentration, strength, jump height, jump velocity, jump power, exercise capacity and physical performance. Research has found that Vitamin D deficiency is common in athletes and adequate status is important for preventing injuries, especially in athletes.
- Calcium supports the healthy development of bones. Without enough Vitamin D, the body can’t form the hormone calcitriol from calcium. This leads to insufficient calcium absorption from the diet. In this situation, the body must take calcium from its stores in the skeleton, which weakens existing bone and prevents the formation of strong, new bone. To support calcium absorption, dietary intake of Vitamin D is vital.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
Why does this product have a pregnancy warning?
This product is safe to use in ages 1+, therefore it is required to have a pregnancy warning.
How often can a child take this product?
The standard dose is ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) once per day.
Does it contain sugar?
No, this product does not contain sugar.
What age range is this recommended for?
This product is safe for ages 1+.
So I shouldn’t recommend Optimal Omega or Vitamin D3 + Probiotics for children?
It is not appropriate to recommend Optimal Omega or Vitamin D3 + Probiotics for children because those products are formulated for adults.
What does ‘natural flavor’ mean?
Natural flavors come from natural sources and natural ingredients. No chemicals or artificial/synthetic additives are used during the manufacturing process.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $49 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. Any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them for orders placed on a non-holiday business day before noon EST. Orders placed after noon EST, may ship the following business day if the product is in stock.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.
We absolutely love the Omega+D3 for our 3 and 4 year old. I feel like it helps keep their nutrition well rounded. Changing their nutrition (cutting out most sugar/adding nutrients) and adding this supplement along with the multivitamin has made a big difference for us!
Thank you for your feedback and review Lori! We are happy to hear you and your little ones are loving this product! :)