Fatty acids are essential components of overall health and wellness. They play a role in membrane fluidity, cardiovascular health, cognitive function and healthy inflammation levels. Humans can synthesize saturated fatty acids from carbohydrates and proteins and convert some to essential omega-3 and omega-6. The process of converting fatty acids requires enzymes and cofactors and is not always an efficient process.
The source of your essential fatty acids matters because of the high potential for contamination when it comes to fish oil. Mercury toxicity is a concern when utilizing a fish oil supplement and most conventional fish oil supplements are not quality checked for mercury toxicity.
This Omega formula includes 160 mg of GLA — a potent anti-inflammatory fatty acid sourced from borage oil — and 10 IU of Vitamin E for antioxidant support. The dynamic mixture of flaxseed, borage, and pacific fish oil provides 2,400 mg of Omega 3 fatty acids ALA, EPA, and DHA that are essential for a healthy immune system as well as cognitive and cardiovascular health.†
|Amount||% Daily Value**|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Total Fat||2.5 g||4%|
|Protein||Less than 1g||1%|
|Vitamin E (as d-a-Tocopherol)||10 IU||33%|
|Organic Flaxseed Oil (50% ALA)||800 mg||*|
|ALA (Alpha-Linolenic Acid)||400 mg||*|
|Pacific Fish Oil (50% EPA/DHA)||800 mg||*|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||240 mg||*|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||160 mg||*|
|Borage Oil||800 mg||*|
|GLA (Gamma-Linolenic Acid)||160 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
**Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Gelatin (bovine), glycerin, purified water.
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
Wild caught Pacific fish (Anchovy, Sardine and Mackerel) from the pacific ocean, coastal Peru
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
Take 2 softgels daily with a meal or as directed by your qualified healthcare practitioner.
|Organic Flax Seed Oil offering 400mg of a-linolenic acid (ALA).||Most complete omega formulas don’t contain organic ALA from a plant source, forcing you to buy a separate product to meet this need.|
|Pacific Fish Oil Marine Lipid Concentrate offering 400mg of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).||400mg of EPA/DHA in one serving is not industry standard. We also utilize a pure source of EPA/DHA that comes from small fish. Other suppliers source from large fish, which increases the risk of toxicity from mercury and other heavy metals.|
|Fructo-Oligsaccharides (FOS) from chicory root†.||Conventional products do not contain pure, unadulterated sources of these three ingredients. They are often laced with excipients and contaminants.|
|160mg of anti-inflammatory omega-6 gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).||Most complete omegas contain less than 100mg of GLA, if any.|
|A powerful antioxidant that helps to preserve the freshness of the oils used in Optimal Omega.|
|Flaxseed oil is a plant based source for omega-3 a-linoleic acid (ALA).|
|Pacific fish oil comes from Marine Lipid Concentrate that is 50% eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). It is sourced from the Pacific Ocean off coastal Peru. Contains oil from Anchovy, Sardine and Mackerel.|
|Borage oil is a plant based source for omega-6 gamma linolenic acid (GLA).|
|Gelatin is a component of the capsule from bovine sources.|
|Glycerin is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is used to stabilize the oil in this formulation.|
Western diets contain excessive amounts of omega-6 fatty acids and are deficient in omega-3 fatty acids. This is a drastic change from the diet that human beings evolved on along with the genetic predispositions established by this diet. The standard American high-stress lifestyle further contributes to this deficiency.
The ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids found in a Western diet promotes the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. When the ratio is corrected and levels of omega-3 fatty acids are increased, they can exert a suppressive effect on these disease processes.
- Omega-3 a-linolenic acid (ALA) is converted to cardioprotective eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA); therefore supplementation with ALA sources can boost serum levels of EPA and DHA.
- Compared to populations without high intakes of omega-3 fatty acids, those with very high lifelong intakes of omega-3 fatty acids are notable for low cardiovascular risk and less arterial atherosclerosis.
- Supplementation with eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), and a-linolenic acid (ALA) may be a useful tool for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Omega-3s exert their cardio protective effects through multiple mechanisms, including reducing arrhythmias and altering production of prostaglandins, which reduces inflammation and improves platelet and endothelial function.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are able to influence levels of neurotrophins, molecules that promote neuronal survival and growth. Among the neurotrophins, brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) levels are altered by dietary intake of omega-3 fatty acids. BDNF is associated with regulating neurogenesis and neuronal survival along with depressive illnesses. The association between omega-3 fatty acids and the regulation these classes of molecules suggests that omega-3 fatty acids simultaneously influence neurogenesis and depressive illness.
- Research has shown that supplementation with omega-6 fatty acids in postmenopausal women with metabolic syndrome resulted in a further decrease in triglycerides and blood pressure and also in an improvement in insulin resistance and inflammatory markers, important components of metabolic syndrome.
- Fatty acids play a critical role the in health of cell membranes. Western diets are more abundant in omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 fatty acids. A high omega-6 to omega-3 ratio can alter cell membranes properties and increase the production of inflammatory mediators. Increased omega-3 fatty acid concentrations in the diet can alter the CNS cell membrane fluidity and phospholipid compositions which can then affect serotonin and dopamine neurotransmission.
- Gamma linolenic acid is an essential fatty acid produced in the body from linoleic acid by the enzyme delta-6-desaturase. It is possible to find preformed GLA in trace amounts in green leafy vegetables and in nuts. GLA is further metabolized to Dihomo Gamma Linolenic Acid (DGLA) which undergoes oxidative metabolism by cyclooxygenases and lipoxygenases to produce anti-inflammatory eicosanoids. GLA and its metabolites can affect expression of various genes that play a significant role in immune function and cell apoptosis.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
Why use higher levels of Omega 3’s compared to Omega 6’s?
Omega 6’s are increasingly abundant in our food supply and providing a product with higher levels of omega 3’s helps to balance the ratio. Omega 3’s play an important role in cardiovascular health, cognitive function, inflammation regulation and more.
What type of fish oil is used and where is it from?
Anchovy, sardine and mackerel from the Pacific Ocean.
What are the uses for ALA and GLA in Optimal Omega?
Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) is an Omega-3 fatty acid found in plants and can be converted into EPA and DHA. The enzyme that converts Linoleic Acid (LA) to longer chain, inflammatory Omega 6 fatty acids also converts ALA to beneficial Omega 3’s, EPA and DHA. Increasing ALA in the diet forces the body to focus on Omega 3’s rather than Omega 6’s. Gamma-linolenic Acid (GLA) is an Omega 6 fatty acid that fights inflammation, unlike other Omega 6’s that promote inflammation.
What does Vitamin E in Optimal Omega do?
Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant and helps maintain a longer shelf life.
What type of softgel is used for Optimal Omega?
It’s a gelatin softgel from bovine origin. Oils are preserved better in this type of packaging. We decided to use bovine softgels because the fish oils have less of a chance to leak and oxidize in a sealed softgel than in a two piece capsule. Softgels prevent air from entering and they remain completely sealed.
Are the capsules flavored?
No, they are flavorless.
Is the Optimal Omega fish oil distilled (purified)?
Yes, the fish oil is molecularly distilled for impurities.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $49 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or email@example.com for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. Any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them for orders placed on a non-holiday business day before noon EST. Orders placed after noon EST, may ship the following business day if the product is in stock.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.
Our ophthalmologist recommended taking fish oil. Optimal Omega is the one we have chosen and have been very pleased with the results being seen, especially with our eyes.
I am very satisfied!
Just fine as far as I know. I have been taking it around 3 years.
My *** is always amazed at my labs and my vitamin D results. These are the best quality on the market. I’m 71 and on no meds. Praise God and thank you Maximized Living.
Thank you for your feedback and review Russell! We are so happy to hear this and that you are enjoying this product! :)