Continue your spinal correction at home with MaxLiving’s Personal Homecare Kit. This kit includes all of the basics for chiropractic homecare:
- 1 Set of 2 Medium Progressive Rolls
- 1 Set of 2 Firm Progressive Rolls
- 1 Set of 2 Progressive Roll Covers
- 1 Set of 2 Pelvic/Lumbar Wedges
- 1 Inflatable Wobble Cushion
- 1 Dual-Purpose Cervical Traction Unit
- 1 ML Homecare Kit Tote Bag
- 1 Vertical Pull Adapter
- 1 Homecare exercise booklet: Quick-Start Guide to Spinal Correction at Home
How to Use the MaxLiving Personal Homecare Kit
- Use the rolls on your bed.
- Place the prescribed roll in the appropriate position (typically middle of your neck and the middle of your lower back).
- Try to fall asleep on the rolls. If you are unable to, go for as long as you feel comfortable, and then switch back to your pillow.
- Work to increase your time in increments of 5 minutes until it becomes habitual through the entire night. This can take up to 6 months.
- You can also use the rolls throughout day for periods of 10 to 20 minutes. This is especially beneficial after exercise or activity.
Progressive Roll Covers
Simply slip the covers over the progressive rolls for added comfort and durability.
- Use the wedges on your bed or the floor.
- Place the appropriate wedge in the position prescribed by your MaxLiving doctor.
- Use the wedges for periods of 20 minutes at least once per day, or as frequent as your MaxLiving doctor recommends.
- You can also use the wedges throughout the day for periods of 10 to 20 minutes. This is especially beneficial after exercise or activity.
- The wedges can be used in conjunction with sleeping aids like progressive rolls.
Inflatable Wobble Cushion
- Place your Inflatable Wobble Cushion on a firm surface chair and use for stability exercises while seated.
- Do the exercises prescribed by your doctor (normally side to side, front to back, rotation).
- While remaining in control, try to feel your spine going through the entire range of motion. Remember this is an exercise, so it is normal to feel your muscles working.
- Perform the exercises two times per day, or as instructed by your doctor (in most cases, these exercises can be performed more often).
- May be inflated or deflated by using a sport ball needle (not included). This can increase or decrease the range of motion.
Dual-Purpose Cervical Traction Unit
- Perform cervical warm-up, joint lubrication, and cartilage nourishment exercises (twist, flex and extend head/neck).
- Adjust the connection so that the curved piece hangs slightly lower than the back of the head.
- Pull handles down until stopped by curved neck piece with handles at shoulder height.
- Place curved piece behind neck and padded handle under chin or on forehead. Place one hand on each handle end, with palms toward face.
- Hold handles firmly; relax the knees so some body weight is supported by the traction. Traction is applied and controlled by bending the knees.
- Begin with 10 and work up to 60 repetitions per session.
- Add deep diaphragmatic breathing with traction, then exhale completely and forcibly when the traction is released. Ice the neck for 10 minutes if any pain is experienced.
Vertical Pull Adapter
- Place the Vertical Pull Adapter over the door and close the door.
- Pull down on the lower loop of the door stop to ensure the stopper is snug.
- Adjust the height to ensure that curved piece hangs slightly lower than the back of the head. Depending on your height, you may need to tie a knot in the rope to have the Dual-Purpose Cervical Traction Unit at the proper height.
- To adjust the height, loosen or tighten the strap by removing the Dual-Purpose Cervical Traction Unit and Vertical Pull Adapter from the door and adjusting the straps on the Vertical Pull Adapter to increase or decrease the strap length as needed.
Each exercise in your personal homecare plan is designed to correct a specific issue in your spine and posture. The longer you perform these exercises, the stronger the muscles of your neck, back, and core become. Strengthening these muscles helps protect your spine from the physical stresses of daily life. Similar to wearing rubber bands while you have braces, homecare that supplements your chiropractic adjustments ensures the greatest results in the shortest amount of time.
- Progressive Rolls: During sleep, your nervous system speeds up for healing and repair of the tissues that have been damaged throughout the day. Progressive foam rolls make sure that your spine is in optimal position for your body to be healed and restored.
- Pelvic/Lumbar Wedge Set: Pelvic rotation can cause subluxation and misalignment in the lumbar spine. The Triangular Pelvic Wedge Set is designed to encourage easy and convenient home spinal care by gently guiding your spine back into a correct and healthy position.
- Inflatable Wobble Cushion: This is a fun and easy way to warm up and stretch your spine throughout the day.
- Dual-Purpose Cervical Traction Unit: This is an essential part of any chiropractic home care. It is simple and easy to use. In minutes a day, it restores healthy cervical curvature by lightly stretching the neck to create space between the vertebrae.
- Vertical Pull Adapter: The Vertical Pull Adapter attaches to the Dual-Purpose CTU, replacing the door stop. It allows more ease of use and range of motion when using the Dual-Purpose CTU at home. The Vertical Pull Adapter extends the distance between the door and the Dual-Purpose CTU approximately 6 inches to replicate in-clinic use.
NOTE: Always consult your MaxLiving Doctor’s recommendation on the use of spinal correction items. If at any time you experience unusual pain or discomfort, please stop all exercises and contact your doctor immediately.
MAINTENANCE PER MANUFACTURER: It is advised to maintain the items and replaced as needed - especially if they are under constant use. If wear is noticed, replace immediately. If used in a clinic setting, replace often to maintain the unit's strength.