Phytosterols, or plant sterols, have been shown through modern research to be effective in supporting healthy cholesterol levels in the body. When consumed, plant sterols actually hinder the absorption of cholesterol due to their similar structure and composition. This, in turn, helps to lower plasma total and LDL cholesterol levels.
Plant sterols are found in all plants, therefore typically people consume them in their everyday diet. However, not all quantities of plant sterols have been shown to be effective to have a positive effect on cholesterol. MaxLiving Plant Sterols + contains a variety of plant sterols/stanols from the non-GMO tall oil of the coniferous pine tree. Plant Sterols + has been formulated in an easy-to-use capsule with no artificial flavors or colors.
Support healthy cholesterol levels with Plant Sterols +.† This powerful supplement contains a mixture of Plant Sterols/Stanols from the non-GMO tall oil of the coniferous pine tree. Plant Sterols/Stanols actually have a similar structure to cholesterol and can hinder the absorption of cholesterol, therefore helping to lower both LDL and total cholesterol levels.†
This nutraceutical supports the nutritional focus of the 5 Essentials®.
|Amount||% Daily Value|
|Plant Sterols/Stanols||600 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Bovine gelatin, water, and glcerine (softgel ingredients), curcumin (natural color).
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking medications or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broke or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
As a dietary supplement, take one softgel three times per day with meals, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
|Contains Non-GMO plant sterols/stanols.||Contains plant sterols/stanols from GMO sources.|
|Contains curcumin, a natural spice, for color.||Contains artificial colors.|
|Contains no fillers or unnecessary ingredients.||Contains fillers such as vegetable oil or soybean oil.|
|Substances found in plants.|
Cholesterol can be both good and bad. Cholesterol is actually an essential substance, but certain types of cholesterol at high levels can be unhealthy. Cholesterol is broken up into two types. The types are HDL and LDL cholesterol. LDL cholesterol, also sometimes known as “bad” cholesterol, builds up in the arteries and can contribute to the risk of heart disease. HDL cholesterol, also commonly known as “good” cholesterol, actually removes extra cholesterol from the arteries and transports it to the liver.
Ideally the ratio of cholesterol, meaning your total cholesterol divided by your HDL number, should be 3.5. Some factors that can increase your risk factors of high cholesterol are obesity, age, smoking, and poor diet. Additionally, high cholesterol can be dangerous to overall health and cause chest pain, heart attack, and stroke. However, in addition to lifestyle and exercise, supplementation with plant sterols has been recommended to help lower cholesterol.
- Plant Sterols + consists mainly of the four major phytosterols: beta-sitosterol, campesterol (in the free sterol form, not as sterol esters) campestanol, and sitostanol.
- Plant sterols are similar in structure to cholesterol.
- Because of their structure similarity, plant sterols have been shown to actually reduce absorption of dietary and biliary cholesterol, which in turn helps to reduce LDL and total cholesterol.
- Many studies have stated that supplementation with plant sterols have lowered LDL cholesterol by about 7.5-12%.
- According to another study, consumption of 1.8 g of a plant sterol/stanol mixture per day for four weeks in patients with baseline high cholesterol, total cholesterol was reduced by 6.4% and LDL cholesterol was reduced by 10.3%.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
Will the effect of Plant Sterols + be reduced due to gastric acidity or the effect of gastric and pancreatic enzymes?
The phytosterols in Plant Sterols + are stable in acid and alkaline conditions, and are resistant to enzymatic and thermal degradation.
Is this product vegetarian?
Plant Sterols + has a gelatin capsule, therefore it is not considered to be vegetarian.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $49 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. Any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them for orders placed on a non-holiday business day before noon EST. Orders placed after noon EST, may ship the following business day if the product is in stock.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.
So far so good. I will reevaluate when I next check my cholesterol.
Have had absolutely no side effects, although these are pretty big pills to swallow. Has been working better than the red yeast rice I was on to lower my cholesterol.
I like this product. It helps with my High Cholesterol. A product that is free of toxic additives.
This product has lowered my cholesterol numbers from 312 to 213 in only 2 months. I refuse to take the statins because of the effects on my organs. Love this product and I only take two a day.