Supplementation of omega-3 fatty acids is clearly necessary for most individuals in the US. However, the growing demand for natural health products has led to an increase in the number of poorly manufactured supplements available in the marketplace. Upon inspection, a Purdue University study discovered that nearly 70% of a wide range of omega-3 supplements did not include the labeled amounts of EPA and DHA.
Even when supplements contain their stated ingredients, oxidation levels can inhibit their efficacy. A randomized control study in Spain showed that lower oxidation levels in omega-3 supplements resulted in reduced triglyceride and cholesterol circulation in the body compared with oxidized supplements and placebo.
A healthy balance of dietary omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids is essential for normal immune function, cognitive health, and cardiovascular health.† This formula contains concentrated marine fish oil, providing enriched levels of EPA and DHA.† This fish oil supplement is strictly screened for the absence of any toxic metals and chemicals and is carefully processed and handled to avoid oxidation.†
|Amount||% Daily Value**|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha-Tocopherol)||2 IU||2%|
|Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids||500 mg||*|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||300 mg||*|
|Protein (from Perfect Plant Protein Blend)||15 mg||40%|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||200 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
**Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Gelatin, glycerin and water.
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
Fish (anchovies, sardines)
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
|Contains concentrated levels of marine fish oil to provide superior levels of omega-3s.||Fish oil supplements have been under scrutiny for containing less EPA and DHA than advertised.|
|Manufacturing processes that ensure the absence of any toxic metals and chemicals.||Many omega-3 supplements have been found to contain carcinogens, heavy metals, and other toxic substances.|
|Completely free of cholesterol and carefully processed to avoid oxidation.||Omega-3 supplements that have been oxidized in the production process will not be as effective for cholesterol or other benefits.|
||Also known as alpha-tocopherol, or tocopherol, vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and vital to the body.|
||An omega-3 essential fatty acid that the body can only produce in limited amounts, EPA must be consumed in the diet. EPA has anti-inflammatory and protective capabilities.|
||An omega-3 essential fatty acid that the body can only produce in limited amounts, DHA must be consumed in the diet. DHA is an essential component of brain, skin, and eye tissues.|
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 softgel with each meal or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Some nutrients can be created by the body, either naturally or as it metabolizes other foods. If a nutrient is necessary to health or homeostasis but has to be consumed in the diet, it is known as essential. Essential fatty acids are building blocks of health for a number of functions, including neurological and immune processes. This includes both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. When consumed in balanced proportions, both types of fatty acids are beneficial to the body.
Unfortunately, the rise of vegetable oils, processed foods, and meat-heavy eating habits in the Western diet has favored omega-6 fatty acids. While commonly recommended ratios of omega-6 to omega-3 fats fall around 4-10:1, typical Western diets consume a ratio of around 20-25:1. This gross imbalance can be linked to the rise in inflammatory and chronic illness and can be difficult to correct. Supplementation with a trusted source of omega-3 fatty acids can restore balance to the omega-6/omega-3 ratio and help the body to regain wellness.
- The Mediterranean Diet, which is low in the processed foods and omega-6 laden meats that the Western diet depends on, has been linked with fewer instances of chronic illness and especially inflammatory illness. The balanced omega-6 and omega-3 levels play a definite role in this protective benefit.
- Omega-3s may help the body to process fats that are less healthy. When observing animals to see their body’s response to butter and saturated fats, those who were balanced in omega-3s saw steady blood lipid levels compared with the increased lipids in those who had not consumed enough omega-3s.
- With omega-3s circulating the body, cholesterol may be metabolized more efficiently. Omega-3 supplementation is often associated with lowered levels of triglycerides.
- Cardiovascular health is supported by omega-3 fatty acids, including healthy blood pressure levels, prevention of atherosclerosis, and reduced mortality rates.
- Because fatty acids are such an integral part of the neurological system, it is no surprise that balanced levels of essential fatty acids play a role in cognitive function. More studies must be done to analyze this relationship, but most evidence points to the benefits of omega-3 supplementation for cognitive health at all stages of life.
- When the body is under stress, both mood and cognitive function are strained. Omega-3s have been observed to stabilize mood when under stress, and they can play a similar role as increased physical activity when analyzing cognitive function.
- Connections to mood stabilization and brain health place omega-3 supplementation in the field of nutritive support for mental well being.
- Bringing the body’s omega-3 levels back up often has anti-inflammatory effects, most commonly associated with conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. Additional inflammatory conditions include allergies and asthma, which may also benefit from omega-3 supplementation. Vitamin E, can also help to fight allergies and asthma, among other inflammatory illnesses.
- As an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant supplement, the pairing of vitamin E and omega-3s can have a healing effect on skin conditions, from wound healing to psoriasis and acne.
- Vitamin E plays a complementary role in our formulation, serving as an antioxidant, immune booster, and mediator of cellular health.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.