Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) make-up 35% of the essential amino acids in muscle protein and approximately 40% of the total amino acids required by humans. BCAAs, in particular, leucine, initiate muscle protein synthesis and inhibit muscle catabolism. Given BCAAs’ regulation of protein metabolism, many athletes supplement with BCAAs to help build muscle and decrease delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS).
Conventional amino acid supplements and BCAA blends contain other non-essential amino acids, such as taurine or methionine, which can add calories.
MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex has optimal levels of the essential BCAAs for stimulating muscle protein synthesis. When taken as a supplement pre, peri, or post workout, MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex supports muscle anabolism, increases recovery, and enhances exercise performance.
Glutamine plays an important role in the immune system, and during bouts of exercise or illness, the function of the immune system can be compromised due to insufficient amounts of glutamine available. The addition of glutamine in MaxLiving Strength & Recovery is powerful fuel for the body’s immune system.
Other BCAA formulas contain added fillers, preservatives, dyes, and sugars, like tartaric acid, FD&C colors, and sucralose. In addition, without sweetener, BCAA powders may taste foul. This product is free of sucrose, fructose, and artificial sweeteners, and is tastefully sweetened with the natural herb, stevia.
MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex is ideal for athletes and bodybuilders wanting to build muscle and prolong exercise endurance by minimizing muscle damage, as well as individuals who simply want to off-set oxidative stress caused by normal metabolism and boost the immune system. The combined effects of BCAAs and L-glutamine in MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex may also improve the health of individuals who suffer from chronic illness or who are recovering from surgery.
MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex combines leucine, isoleucine, and valine with the amino acid, glutamine, for a synergistic effect in building muscle tissue and supporting the immune system.
Rebuild muscle and recover quickly by providing your body with a balanced blend of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). The BCAAs - leucine, isoleucine, and valine - stimulate muscle protein synthesis. Strength & Recovery Complex restocks your body with the pure, isolated BCAAs required to build muscle and gain strength. BCAAs play an important role in maintaining lean muscle and regulating metabolism, and L-glutamine enhances their effect on muscle protein synthesis. Glutamine also supports the body’s natural immune response, which helps you recover quicker. Strength & Recovery Complex is delivered in a non-GMO, naturally flavored with stevia powder. Enjoy daily as an orange flavored water or as an ingredient in shakes.†
|Amount||% Daily Value|
*Daily Value not established
Natural flavors, certified organic stevia leaf extract (Stevia rebaudiana), citric acid, malic acid, silicon dioxide, sunflower lecithin.
Sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Not intended for children.
As a dietary supplement, mix 9 grams (approx. 2 heaping teaspoons) into 10-12 ounces of water per day, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
|MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex is the optimal blend of the branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs): L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine, combined with the immune-boosting amino acid, L-glutamine. MaxLiving uses a standardized ratio of 2-parts leucine to 1-part isoleucine and valine in order to provide therapeutic levels of the BCAAs you need for optimal effect. The BCAAs are vegan (bacterial fermentation); thus, the supplement is ideal for vegans and vegetarians.||Conventional BCAA formulas are blends of various levels of leucine, isoleucine, valine, and other non-essential amino acids that may come from plant or animal sources.|
|MaxLiving Strength & Recovery BCAAs are instantized with sunflower lecithin, which is a natural antioxidant sourced from sunflowers. Lecithin is essential for the body and helps the body absorb amino acids. MaxLiving Strength & Recovery BCAAs are free form amino acids, meaning that micronized or instantized BCAAs are not necessary. The addition of L-glutamine also helps uptake of the BCAAs into the muscles.||Conventional and even high-potency BCAA supplements may use chemicals or micronized or instantized BCAAs in order to make the powder easy to dissolve in liquid and more bioavailable. The micronized and instantized powders usually leave a very bitter taste and remain turbid when mixed in liquid.|
|This product is free of sucrose, fructose, and artificial sweeteners. MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex is a natural orange flavor, which comes from stevia.||Unsweetened amino acid powders tend to taste extremely foul (especially when micronized). Flavored supplements commonly use artificial sweeteners or added sugars, which add calories.|
|As a pure supplement, MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex is free of GMOs, gluten, shellfish, dairy, sugar, soy, eggs, peanuts, artificial sweeteners, and toxins so you can be confident no harmful substances are being carried into sensitive areas of the body. It is ideal for individuals who are sensitive to common allergens.||Many other BCAA formulas contain added fillers, preservatives, dyes, and sugars, like tartaric acid, FD&C colors, and sucralose. In addition, many conventional amino acid supplements contain soy. Masked as, “lecithin,” soy can cause an allergic response in some people. MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex benefits from sunflower lecithin, a natural antioxidant.|
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) make-up 35% of the essential amino acids in muscle protein and approximately 40% of the total amino acids required by humans. BCAAs are significant for protein synthesis because they are a direct source of energy for skeletal muscles and serve as intermediates in the ATP-producing citric acid cycle, essential for aerobic energy production. BCAAs, in particular, leucine, initiate muscle protein synthesis and inhibit muscle catabolism.
Several studies demonstrate that supplementing with BCAAs can increase muscle protein synthesis and inhibit muscle protein breakdown, as well as decrease delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) leading to faster recovery post-exercise. Individuals taking BCAA supplements during training have reported to experience less muscle soreness and fatigue.
Additionally, during prolonged physiological stress, increased glutamine utilization may exceed the body's synthetic capacity resulting in severe muscle glutamine depletion. BCAA oxidation is a precursor for glutamine synthesis, and many of the beneficial effects of BCAAs for those in catabolic states are related to the synthesis and maintenance of an adequate supply of glutamine.
Glutamine plays an important role in the immune system. Prolonged surgical stress and cancer lead to muscle catabolism, as well as an impaired immune system. In concordance with BCAAs ability to promote glutamine synthesis, an increased reserve of glutamine supports the body’s natural immune response.
MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex combines leucine, isoleucine, and valine with the amino acid, glutamine, for a synergistic effect in building muscle tissue and supporting the immune system.
- Studies show that oral supplementation of BCAAs before exercise increases intracellular and arterial BCAA levels during exercise and result in suppression of endogenous muscle-protein breakdown.
- BCAAs have an anabolic effect on protein metabolism by increasing protein synthesis and decreasing protein catabolism. Leucine is found to be a regulator of protein synthesis and decreases protein degradation in humans. This decreased protein degradation during leucine infusion contributes to the decrease in plasma essential amino acids.
- Intensive training induces whole body muscle soreness and fatigue due to the leakage of muscle proteins into the blood and the body’s natural inflammatory response. Individuals taking BCAA supplements during training have reported to experience less muscle soreness and fatigue. BCAA supplementation suppresses the Plasma Creatine Kinase (CK) and Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) activities that are markers for tissue damage.
- BCAA catabolism in skeletal muscle is regulated by the branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase (BCKDH) complex, and when activated, results in enhanced BCAA catabolism. Exercise may increase the BCAA requirement; thus, BCAA supplementation has been shown to decrease delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) and muscle fatigue following exercise increasing muscle recovery following exercise.
- Glutamine, an amino acid, plays an important role in human metabolism and is the most abundant amino acid in human plasma. The synthesis rate of glutamine in muscle is higher than that of any other amino acid and is an important participant in protein synthesis. High glutamine levels provide a favorable environment for protein synthesis and may enhance the effect of BCAA supplementation.
- Glutamine is involved in many homeostatic functions, in particular, the immune response because of its high rate of utilization and metabolism in immune cells, such as lymphocytes and macrophages. During catabolic states, such as infection, surgery, and intense exercise, glutamine homeostasis is placed under stress, and glutamine reserves, particularly in the skeletal muscle, are depleted resulting in an impaired immune system. In concordance with BCAAs ability to promote glutamine synthesis, an increased reserve of glutamine supports the body’s natural immune response.
- Mild tissue trauma following by recovery is part of the natural adaptation process associated with exercise. Intense training lowers cell mediated immunity and increases the stress hormone cortisol. Supplementing with BCAAs maintains energy levels available for lymphocytes and macrophages and diverts toward the TH1 type of immune response (the immune response to bacteria and viruses).
- Prolonged surgical stress and cancer lead to muscle catabolism. Studies show that BCAAs, especially leucine, stimulate protein synthesis, inhibit the breakdown of peptides, and promote glutamine synthesis. BCAAs have been discovered to be effective nutritional supplements for cancer patients improving morbidity and quality of life.
- Due to decreased muscle protein and glutamine availability, cancer patients have an impaired immune system and can worsen after surgery. Supplementation with BCAAs post-operation have resulted in the acute increase in muscle protein synthesis and glutamine flux from skeletal muscle in cancer patients in comparison to patients supplemented with an isonitrogenous protein mixture.
- Supplementation with BCAAs reduced the perceived rate of exertion among untrained athletes during physical exertion, which may allow exercisers to increase the intensity of their efforts, potentially leading to improved results.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
Is it manufactured in a facility that also processes nuts?
Are there toxins in this product?
No, there is no cadmium, arsenic, lead, or mercury in our product. We guarantee that our products are produced utilizing the highest standards of manufacturing. Each product is evaluated and monitored for quality throughout the manufacturing process to ensure that each product contains only qualified, superior raw materials and meets required specifications for quality and purity. Products are evaluated and monitored for potential contaminants such as filth, heavy metals, pesticides, and microbiological organisms.
Why is it not recommended for nursing/pregnant women?
MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex is a formula that is created for adults. While this is not a dangerous product for pregnant women, infants and unborn babies should get their nutrition from their mothers and their food as opposed to a supplemental product. Pregnant or nursing women should consult with a qualified health professional before taking this product.
Are the BCAAs micronized or instantized?
The branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), in MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex, are instantized with sunflower lecithin, which is a natural antioxidant from sunflowers, essential to the body. Because the BCAAs in MaxLiving Strength & Recovery Complex are free form, they are rapidly absorbed by the body; thus, micronized or instantized amino acids are not necessary. Plus, the addition L-glutamine to the mixture also helps in uptake into the muscle.
What is the “natural flavor” used to produce the orange flavor?
Natural flavors come from natural sources and natural ingredients. No chemicals or artificial/synthetic additives are used during the manufacturing process. Strength & Recovery Complex powder is naturally sweetened with the herb, stevia. Stevia is extracted from the leaves of the plant species Stevia rebaudiana, native to Brazil and Paraguay
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 20%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $49 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. Any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them for orders placed on a non-holiday business day before noon EST. Orders placed after noon EST, may ship the following business day if the product is in stock.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.