Magnesium is an essential mineral. It plays a critical role in over 300 biochemical reactions, including energy production, glycolysis, protein synthesis, neuromuscular functions, and bone development.
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA’s) 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines, the RDA for magnesium for an adult (ages 31-50) female is 320 mg and 420 mg for an adult (ages 31-50) male. Yet, studies show that the majority of the U.S. population does not intake enough magnesium and may be magnesium deficient.
Therefore, statistics show that over 50% of U.S. adults use supplementation, including magnesium, which can be found as a stand-alone supplement or blended into a multivitamin. However, the absorption of magnesium is dependent upon a variety of factors that many supplement manufacturers do not account for when designing a quality magnesium supplement that has a high bioavailability and efficacy.
Only 30% to 40% of magnesium consumed is absorbed by the body, which depends on the form of the magnesium salt and the PH level of the environment, among other individual health factors.
There are many forms of the magnesium salt that are available as supplements. However, common forms are also available as over-the-counter laxatives, such as magnesium hydroxide, which has not been demonstrated to be optimally absorbed. Research show that magnesium glycinate has a higher bioavailability than most other forms of magnesium salt and does not cause the gastrointestinal side effects that some magnesium salt forms do.
MaxLiving Magnesium Glycinate is a highly bioavailable form of magnesium salt chelated with glycine to improve solubility and inhibit other biochemical factors that reduce absorption.
This product replaces the discontinued Pro Magnesium Formula.
Magnesium is vital to human metabolism regulating over 300 biochemical processes. Magnesium plays a role in protein synthesis, muscle and nerve functions, bone and DNA development, and numerous other cardiovascular, motor, and neurological functions. Magnesium also fights inflammation and disease. Magnesium Glycinate is a highly bioavailable form of magnesium and gentle on the stomach, which increases effectivity and health benefits.†
This nutraceutical supports the nutritional focus of the 5 Essentials®.
|Amount||% Daily Value|
|Magnesium (as TRAACS® magnesium bisglycinate chelate buffered - from magnesium bisglycinate chelate and magnesium oxide)||400 mg||95%|
*Daily Value not established
Hypromellose (capsule), cellulose, and rice extract blend (rice hulls, rice extract, gum acacia, sunflower oil)
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
Take 4 capsules daily with a meal or as directed by your qualified healthcare practitioner.
|MaxLiving Magnesium Glycinate is delivered as TRAACS® magnesium glycinate chelate, magnesium oxide, providing 400 mg of magnesium.||Conventional magnesium supplements are delivered in low amounts or in combination with other elements, which can reduce the absorption of magnesium in the body.|
|MaxLiving Magnesium Glycinate is provided as bisglycinate chelate, which has two glycine molecules occupying the chelate to improve the solubility of the compound, and magnesium oxide is included to increase the amount of glycinate available. Magnesium oxide is buffered to reduce the PH of the cellular transport mechanism of the cation (Mg2+) across the cell membrane in order to fully deliver the high elemental content of the magnesium compound.||Conventional and even high-potency magnesium supplements are commonly in forms that have a low bioavailability or may cause gastrointestinal side effects, such as diarrhea.|
|As a pure supplement, MaxLiving Glycinate is free of GMOs, gluten, shellfish, dairy, sugar, salt, eggs, peanuts, artificial sweeteners, and toxins so you can be confident no harmful substances are being carried into sensitive areas of the body. It is ideal for individuals who are sensitive to common allergens.||Many other magnesium formulas contain added fillers, preservatives, dyes, and sugars, like bovine Gelatin, FD&C colors, sucralose, or contain common allergens.|
Magnesium is an essential micronutrient critical for numerous biochemical reactions and metabolic functions in the body. Essential nutrients are those humans do not produce on their own and must intake from foods. While vitamins are made by plants and animals, minerals exist in soil and water and humans absorb these essential micronutrients from the plant and animals they consume.
Magnesium assists with over 300 enzyme reactions and plays a key role in metabolism, the cardiovascular system, and neuromuscular system. This critical mineral is the fourth most abundant mineral in the human body. Although magnesium is present in many fruits; vegetables; whole grains; nuts; legumes; and animal products; products, statistics show that nearly half of the U.S. population does not consume enough of these magnesium-containing foods to achieve the recommended daily amount of magnesium. As a result, Magnesium deficiency, called hypomagnesemia, is commonly experience by individuals the U.S. who consume the typical Western diet.
Clinical studies have determined that magnesium deficiency is a chronic inflammatory stress component and at least one of the pathophysiological links to numerous inflammatory diseases and oxidative stress, including type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, cardiovascular disease, and more.
Numerous scientific studies demonstrate magnesium supplementation as an effective therapeutic method for metabolic syndrome conditions and at improving or enhancing individuals’ serum magnesium levels.
Supplementing with Magnesium may reduce the expression and risk of certain chronic diseases, improve cognitive functions and mood, decrease aging, and boost exercise performance.
Numerous magnesium supplements exist in the market today available in different forms of salt, such as magnesium lactate, magnesium oxide, and magnesium glycinate; however, magnesium glycinate has been used over other magnesium supplements because it is gentler on the stomach.
MaxLiving Magnesium Glycinate delivers 400 mg of magnesium bisglycinate chelate buffered with magnesium oxide to improve the bioavailability and provide an alkalinizing effect on the gut.
- Magnesium is an essential micronutrient vital to over 300 enzyme reactions as a cofactor. Magnesium moderates protein synthesis; muscle and nerve function; bone development; heart rhythm; blood glucose levels; and blood pressure. In addition, magnesium is required for DNA and RNA synthesis, energy production, nutrient utilization, and protects against oxidative stress.
- This critical mineral is the fourth most abundant mineral in the human body, and plays a significant role in human metabolism, yet optimal intake of magnesium is difficult to understand. Many factors contribute to the bioavailability of different forms of the magnesium salt; in addition, there are individuating factors affecting absorption and excretion rates.
- Magnesium deficiency, which is called hypomagnesemia, is statistically common in individuals the U.S. who consume a typical Western diet. Hypomagnesemia can occur in individuals who have bowel disorders, renal disease, diabetes, thyroid problems, and alcoholism. Hypomagnesemia is also common in elderly individuals and in those who undergo chronic stress, use medications or diuretics, or suffer from other nutritional deficiencies. Thus, magnesium intake does not indicate adequate absorption of the mineral; it is more dependent on the magnesium status in the body. For instance, the magnesium content of bone decreases with age, and magnesium that is stored in this way is not completely bioavailable during magnesium deprivation.
- The absorption of magnesium is mainly done by the small intestine in the gut, but magnesium serum levels are also regulated via excretion and reabsorption from the kidneys and exchange from the main pool of magnesium (about 99% of the total body magnesium) in bone.
- Various forms of the magnesium salt have been used as therapeutic supplementation for patients with magnesium deficiency, as well as to help treat many other health conditions and disease, including: high blood pressure; obesity; diabetes; stroke; heart disease; asthma; and other neurological dysfunctions, such as Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and Alzheimer’s.
- There are various magnesium salt forms available, but their bioavailability and protective and beneficial effects differ; not all magnesium supplements demonstrate beneficial effects. Various forms of magnesium include: magnesium carbonate; magnesium chloride; magnesium citrate; magnesium fumarate; magnesium gluconate; and magnesium glycinate.Water soluble forms of magnesium, such as magnesium chloride, magnesium hydroxide, and magnesium oxide, have a better absorption rate than less soluble forms. However, these forms of magnesium are popularly used as laxatives and in bowel preparation pharmaceuticals.
- Therefore, magnesium glycinate is recommended as the optimal magnesium supplement because it is gentle on the stomach and is clinically studied to be a source of magnesium with the highest absorption by the body.
- Furthermore, a magnesium bisglycinate, with two molecules of glycinate, increases solubility. Magnesium bisglycinate chelate buffered with magnesium oxide further enhances the bioavailability of the supplement and has an alkalizing effect on the small intestine.
- Hypomagnesemia and magnesium malabsorption is associated with numerous clinical disorders prevalent in the U.S., including metabolic syndrome disorders, autoimmune disorders, and neurological disorders. For these conditions, magnesium supplementation has been demonstrated to have therapeutic benefits.
- Magnesium supplementation has been demonstrated to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce one’s risk of diabetes by reducing plasma glucose levels.
- Because magnesium is involved in the psychoneurondrocrine system modulating the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal (HPA) and blocking the calcium influx of N-methyl-d-asparate (NMDA) glutamatergic receptors, magnesium helps prevent stress and anxiety and can provide therapeutic benefits for individuals with depression, anxiety disorders, and other neurological health conditions, including migraine. Studies show a rapid recovery from major depression symptoms in patients supplementing with magnesium glycinate. Research demonstrates magnesium supplementation to provide significant relief for individuals who suffer from migraines.
- Because MaxLiving Magnesium Glycine is infused with glycine, the supplement has been demonstrated to improve sleep and memory, common with aging. Glycine appears to shorten the latency to sleep onset. Furthermore, given magnesium’s crutial role in metabolism and muscle function, supplementing with magnesium has improved physical performance in healthy individuals.
- Magnesium supplementation has been shown to improve numerous health conditions resulting from chronic inflammation. A deficiency of magnesium in the tissues and blood is accompanied by high levels of oxidative stress; therefore, increasing patients’ magnesium intake via supplementation has been shown to lower blood pressure and other chronic inflammatory conditions.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
Is it manufactured in a facility that also processes nuts?
Why is magnesium glycinate the most recommended magnesium supplement?
There are various magnesium supplements in the market formulated from different magnesium salts; however, the bioavailability of magnesium glycinate has been clinically studied against other magnesium salts to have the highest bioavailability, meaning that it is readily absorbed by the body. Some magnesium supplements can cause side effects, such as stomachache and diarrhea. These magnesium salts, including magnesium hydroxide, are also commonly used as over-the-counter laxatives. Magnesium glycinate is gentle on the stomach and easily absorbed, and is therefore known to be the most effective magnesium supplement. Furthermore, MaxLiving’s magnesium glycinate formula is chelated and includes magnesium oxide, which further increases the solubility and is associated with other health benefits, such as having a calming effect.
Why is it not recommended for nursing/pregnant women?
MaxLiving Magnesium Glycinate is a formula that is created for adults. While this is not a dangerous product for pregnant women, infants and unborn babies should get their nutrition from their mothers and their food as opposed to a supplemental product. Pregnant or nursing women should consult with a qualified health practitioner before taking this product.
Can I take too much magnesium?
There have been side effects of taking too much magnesium when consuming magnesium supplementation. These are generally disturbances of the gastrointestinal tract and cause diarrhea. However, these side effects have not been shown to be caused by magnesium glycinate. Magnesium glycinate is gentle on the stomach. However, individuals with certain health conditions, such as renal failure or kidney problems, are more at risk of overdosing because the kidneys filter extra magnesium from the body. Always use supplements as directed on the label and consult with your healthcare practitioner if you have any concerns or health conditions.
My Chiropractor suggested I try this and it has helped with my sleep. Falling asleep easier and staying asleep.
I am more than happy with my Magnesium Glycinate purchase from Max Livng! I appreciate the quality of Max Living’s supplements and the safety features on each bottle!
This supplement is a great addition to my daily routine. I feel the benefits and intend on keeping as a part of my daily routine,
This product has worked great!
I take this supplement at dinner and have noticed a positive difference in the quality of my sleep at night and seldom wake up with leg cramps anymore.