The sleep/wake cycle is the body’s way of controlling sleep hours vs. waking hours. This process, also known as the circadian rhythm, is controlled primarily by two hormones, melatonin, and cortisol. Melatonin is our sleep hormone, produced at night to induce sleep, and cortisol typically spikes in waking hours to start the day. If these hormones are imbalanced, it’s common to experience trouble falling asleep or staying asleep.
Serotonin deficiency has negative repercussions throughout the body. As a neurotransmitter, serotonin has a role in emotional stability, depression, sleep quality, and impulse control. The essential amino acid L-tryptophan is the precursor for serotonin synthesis but is not easily absorbed by the body when taken in supplemented form. The metabolized form of L-tryptophan, 5-hydroxytryptophan, or 5-HTP can readily cross the blood barrier and produce serotonin. The brain is not the only organ that utilizes L-tryptophan; other tissues grasp the supplemented amount before reaching the brain. Absorption is achievable by combining the B6 vitamer pyridoxal 5-phosphate with 5-HTP to help the body convert the supplement into serotonin. L-Tyrosine and L-Glutamine are amino acids critical in alleviating stress levels and enhancing sleep quality.
Melatonin, the sleep hormone, can be consumed in supplement form to help regulate the circadian rhythm. Other nutrients, like inositol, 5-HTP, and L-theanine, also help the body produce melatonin. 5-HTP can readily cross the blood-brain barrier and create serotonin when combined with vitamin B6. MaxLiving Sleep and Mood Formula contains sleep and mood supporting nutrients to encourage restful sleep and emotional stability.†
Support restful sleep and improve your mood with MaxLiving Sleep and Mood Formula.† Certain factors, like stress, aging, and blue light exposure, may deplete melatonin production, leading to difficulty falling and/or staying asleep and contribute to an emotional imbalance. Our Sleep and Mood formula contains 3mg of Melatonin, which is a hormone produced in the body whose primary function controls the sleep/wake cycle.† Our comprehensive formula supports serotonin's normal production and regulation, an important brain neurotransmitter associated with a balanced emotional state to combat depression, stress, and anxiety.† Serotonin has numerous functions besides regulating mood, including regulation of sleep, appetite, impulse control, and alleviating depression. Our Sleep and Mood Formula contains critical nutrients that correctly help your natural sleep cycle and mood regulatory systems function.† Maxliving Sleep and Mood formula is ideal for individuals looking to promote restful, uninterrupted sleep and support a balanced mood.†
This nutraceutical supports the nutritional focus of the 5 Essentials®.
|Amount||% Daily Value|
(Griffonia simplicifolia) (seed)
*Daily Value not established
Hypromellose (capsule), cellulose, rice hulls, rice extract, gum acacia and sunflower oil.
GMOs, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, titanium dioxide, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, lactating, taking any medication or have any medical condition, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is broken or missing.For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
As a dietary supplement, adults take two capsules daily or as directed by your qualified healthcare practitioner.
|Our supplement utilizes serotonin precursors derived naturally from the seed of the Griffonia plant.||Supplements that provide L-tryptophan as a precursor are often synthetically derived.|
|As an intermediate substance between tryptophan and serotonin, 5-HTP can cross the blood-brain barrier more readily than tryptophan without competing for preference.||Tryptophan is utilized by many-body systems, which compete for its use when absorbed by the body.|
|A natural sleep supplement that is non-addictive and will not cause drowsiness.||Most sleep products are addictive and result in next-day exhaustion.|
|Encourages relaxation and balances important chemicals in the brain.|
|An amino acid that may be helpful in improving sleep quality.|
|Immediate precursor of serotonin. Effective in the treatment of depression and several other serotonin-related diseases.|
|The bioactive form of vitamin B6, included to help convert L-5-HTP into serotonin.|
|A sleep-regulating hormone produced by the body.|
|An amino acid that alleviates the effects of stress.|
|An amino acid that contributes to stress management and sleep quality.|
Melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland to promote sleep. Melatonin production can be affected by blue light exposure, night shifts, and aging, resulting in difficulty falling and/or staying asleep. Supplementing with melatonin is a great way to assist the body’s ability to induce sleep naturally. Other nutrients can also encourage the body to produce melatonin, helping to enhance sleep quality further. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter, which can be created by the body when L-tryptophan is broken down into 5-hydroxytryptophan and then metabolized into serotonin. As a supplement, 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP or L-5-HTP) is taken to support serotonin production. Pyroxidone-5-phosphate is the bioactive form of B6, which helps 5-HTP convert into serotonin which then converts into melatonin. Serotonin is essential for many neurological tasks, including mood stabilization, anxiety regulation, sleep quality, and impulse control.
Our Sleep + Mood Formula is a synergistic formula that encourages restful sleep with melatonin and maximizes serotonin production by containing other sleep and mood-supporting nutrients.
- One study found that supplementation with melatonin helped improve both the duration and quality of sleep.
- Since sleep is essential for all body functions, proper amounts of melatonin also help improve the immune system, digestion, and more.
- Inositol is a substance that can be found in a variety of sources, including fruits, nuts, and beans. Research shows that inositol helps to encourage feelings of relaxation, which is critical for restful sleep.
- One study observed how L-theanine affects sleep. It was found that supplementation with L-theanine immensely helped improve the quality of sleep.
- L-tyrosine has been documented to affect serotonin’s partner substance, dopamine. As a result, the focus was improved, and individuals were better able to switch between tasks.
- L-Glutamine helps the body to break down fat and glucose for energy. These effects partner well with serotonin’s satiety effects, making Sleep + Mood Formula a complementary partner in weight loss efforts.
- 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an amino acid produced by the body. 5-HTP generates serotonin, which is, in turn, converted to melatonin.
- Some patients with depression exhibit low levels of 5-HTP. As a supplementary protocol, supplementing with L-5-HTP may help affect serotonin levels to relieve symptoms of depression.
- Serotonin also helps to regulate satiety and impulse control, as an “emergency stop” to over-consuming food. Individuals who consumed a form of 5-HTP as a dietary supplement found that satiety was increased sooner, leading to more effective weight loss efforts.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipating surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.
Heat sensitive product: We recommend shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality during hot summer months. Once product is delivered, we advise to not leave this product out in the heat for an extended period of time.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
What else can I do to improve my sleeping patterns?
Sleep quality is connected with the body’s stress levels, whether mental, emotional, or physiological. This is primarily why our Sleep + Mood Formula focuses on cognitive and neurological stability to benefit sleeping patterns. Minimizing stressful situations, exercise, creating a calming routine and atmosphere surrounding sleeping times, and pursuing a lifestyle of a well-rounded diet can improve sleeping patterns.
Will Sleep and Mood make me drowsy in the morning?
Melatonin is a hormone naturally produced in the body, and supplementation with Sleep and Mood should not cause drowsiness.
Are there chemicals or toxins in this supplement?
No. While many tryptophan supplements are chemically synthesized, Sleep and Mood formula utilizes the extract of the griffonia seed.
SELECT SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE UP TO 15%
All Subscribe & Save orders are set to reoccur monthly or as frequently as you selected on the original date they are placed. For example, if you place your first order on the 16th of the month, all subsequent Subscribe & Save orders will ship on the 16th of each month in the shipment frequency you selected. If you would like to change your ship date you can log into your account and change the date or frequency of your shipment, once the first order ships.
For help with your Subscribe & Save order or for any product or order related support, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-939-3040.
Please read and understand the MaxLiving Subscribe & Save required terms and conditions before continuing with a Subscribe & Save order.
- Orders will be charged and shipped on the same date each month, starting on the dateyou place your initial order. However, if the successful payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the order will ship the next business day.
- All Subscribe & Save orders require a minimum of a six-month subscription. Any orders cancelled before 6 months are subject to being charged a cancellation fee of up to the discount applied of all orders. After six months, to remove an item, add an item or cancel your subscription, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- You may add orders with different shipping addresses on the same account. If you change your default account shipping address, it does not affect the address on your Subscribe & Save order.
- To update your shipping address, billing address, or change your processing date, click the "Manage My Subscription "button under the Account Details section of your Account page. Please ensure to do so at least 24 hours before your next processing date.
- If an Subscribe & Save product is out of stock when the order is to be shipped, your payment frequency will remain thesame but your product will ship as soon as it comes back in stock.
- If your Subscribe & Save is scheduled to process on the 29th-31stof each month and an upcoming month does not include those days, your Subscribe & Save will process on the following business day. For example, an Subscribe & Save scheduled to process on the 31st of the month, and the month has only 30 days, it will process on the 1st of the following month.
- The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, and/or customs charges for international orders (if applicable) and will be in addition to these prices.
We offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $69.99 in the continental United States. Please allow up to 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
We also offer FREE standard ground shipping on all orders over $99 to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. Please allow up to 10 to 14 business days for delivery. We do not ship international orders besides the locations listed.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested. Please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at 321-939-3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any 2-Day or overnight shipping needs so we can ensure items are available and your needed timeline can be met.
We ship on Monday-Friday for all in-stock items, except U.S. holidays.
All expedited orders will be shipped as requested for any in-stock items. Any out of stock items will ship via the shipping option chosen once the item is back in stock.
We work diligently to try to fill all in-stock orders on the same day we receive them for orders placed on a non-holiday business day before noon EST. Orders placed after noon EST, may ship the following business day if the product is in stock.
We reserve the right to ship orders in split shipments if not all products are available to ship at the same time. MaxLiving products may ship from various locations. Once an order has been shipped by our warehouse(s), it cannot be cancelled, but you are certainly welcome to return it in accordance with our return policy.
Order discrepancies (i.e. missing item, wrong size, manufacturer’s defect) must be reported within 10 days of the receipt of merchandise. To report a discrepancy, please contact the MaxLiving Products Department at email@example.com or 321-939-3040. To insure proper credit, all returned merchandise must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number marked on the outside of the shipping container, which will be given to you once you have reported your discrepancy. Do not return and item without reporting your discrepancy or getting an RMA number. In addition, some products may need to be returned back to a different address than where they shipped from.
Exchanges or refunds can only be issued once we receive the item back and it is inspected to be in good condition. The customer is responsible for shipping charges incurred to return non-defective or unwanted merchandise back to MaxLiving. Returned supplements must not be expired or any seals opened. Returned, damaged, or defective merchandise must be returned and packed so damage does not occur during the return shipment.
Returned merchandise that has been damaged by the customer, worn, or used will not be processed for refund or exchange.
We do not warrant against "package rash" which can occur during shipping. Shipping carriers will not insure against banged corners or torn packaging.
Returns can only be processed if the transaction was through the MaxLiving store. Transactions not made directly through the MaxLiving online store must be handled directly with the reselling location.
Mood and Sleep has been a great help to my mother who is in her eighties.
Sleep + Mood Formula
Have used this for 2 years. It seems to help me stay on an even keel as well as sleep better.